Posted (edited)

@imakidder, I am going to ask a really stupid question and assume you have already checked this out but... You ARE CLOSING "serial monitor" on the Arduino software before you run your autoit script right? Only one singe connection can be made to the serial port as far as I could tell, if my serial monitor was running, my arduino code would not work. You probably already checked this, but had to ask. Also is it possible that your script is not closing down therefore it's causing multiple attempts to connect to your serial port when you run it a second time and erroring out?

Edited by BatMan22

AH. Definitely, not a stupid question. Actually I think both of those happened and a few times that is what prevented me from debugging the script. One reason I knew the serial monitor was a problem was because I couldn't see the com port properties under "mode" on CMD. When I closed out of the serial monitor, I could see the properties again. Plus I restarted my computer a few times just to refresh the system.

SOOO, I think I did figure it out. I realized on the link I posted. an error message popped up and  instead of printing the variable "COMPort", I was able to print the actual error code in the message box. Based on the comments Martin placed in the CommMg64.au3 code (Thank you for commenting with much detail!) I learned that the DLL files were not being referenced. In using the function _CommSetDllPath I set the right path and it seems to work fluidly. I think I broke my encoder so I wasn't able to get active data but it worked with the sample code I shared on the previous page!

@BatMan22 Thank you for the insight and the message!

@martin Thank you for some awesome code!

Posted (edited)

Hi Everyone,
I see the native dll limited to baud 256000. Is there any way to work with baud 300000?

Edited by RAMzor

AFAICT the legacy serial (COMx:) support is limited to 256 kbaud and 300 kbaud is a non-standard baudrate.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Corleone221
      Hello All,

How can I load  actual connect  Com Ports to combobox?

Thanks.

for example  this 3....(6,7,8)

• By cheeroke
      Hi all,
      I got this code and would like to be able to change Baud Rate and instead of sending character by character i would like to be able (if possible) to send whole string. But i don't know how to change it.
      I am taking input from file and processing whole line (this is done in FilesHandling.au3).
      To execute this i am just calling SendData("FileName", int) in "main" script.
      Any help very appreciated.
      #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include "FilesHandling.au3" ;init DLL function, we need handle to call the function $h = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateFile", "str", "\\.\COM19", "int", BitOR($GENERIC_READ,$GENERIC_WRITE), "int", 0, "ptr", 0, "int", $OPEN_EXISTING, "int", $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, "int", 0) $handle=$h[0] Func SendData($FileName, $LineNumber) ;string to be send $c = readFile($FileName, $LineNumber) $cLenght = StringLen($c) $aArray = StringSplit($c, "") ;_ArrayDisplay($aArray, "", Default, 64) For $i = 1 To $cLenght writeChar($handle, $aArray[$i], $cLenght) Next ;move to next line writeChar($handle, @CR,1) EndFunc ;write a single char func writeChar($handle,$c,) $stString = DLLStructCreate("char str") $lpNumberOfBytesWritten = 0 DllStructSetData($stString, 1, $c) $res = _WinAPI_WriteFile($handle, DllStructGetPtr($stString, "str"), 1,$lpNumberOfBytesWritten) if ($res<>true) then ConsoleWrite ( _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() & @LF) EndIf EndFunc  
    • By SAM1386
      Hello,
      I can easily find my modem comport number using the code below:-

#include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3>    Global $key = RegRead("HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM","\Device\ssudmdm0000")     Local $iError = 0     If @error Then        ; The server is probably offline/port is not opened on the server.        $iError = @error         MsgBox(BitOR($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, $MB_ICONHAND), "", "Client:" & @CRLF & "Could not connect, Error code: " & $iError)         Else         MsgBox($MB_ SYSTEMMODAL, "MODEM:", $key)         EndIf  
      but the thing is I am planning to design a small tool by which it can read the modem COM port and set the COM number and send AT command to modem port using UDF CommMG.au3 created by Martin. I added some below code to martins file :-
      ;====================================================================================================================== ;CommSendStandard,a new function for sending information to a serial port. ;====================================================================================================================== Func _CommSendStandard($port,$error,$command)    _CommSetPort($port,$error,9600,8,0,1,2)  if $error <> '' Then      MsgBox(262144,'Port Error = ',$error)  EndIf  _CommSendString($command & @CR) EndFunc   ;==>_CommGetLineStates ;=============================================================================================== After adding I wrote the below code for sending AT command to modem port but its not working.
      Please check the below code and let me know for the issue.
      ;===================================================================================== #include "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\CommMG.au3" #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3>    Global $key = RegRead("HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM","\Device\ssudmdm0000")     Local $iError = 0     If @error Then        ; The server is probably offline/port is not opened on the server.        $iError = @error         MsgBox(BitOR($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, $MB_ICONHAND), "", "Client:" & @CRLF & "Could not connect, Error code: " & $iError)         Else         MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "MODEM:", $key)         EndIf Local $port=$key Local $porterror _CommSendStandard($port,$portError,"AT+CFUN=1,1") ;================================================================================================ but If I set the port number by my own in the code (for eg :- port number 8 or any value  instead of $key) it works fine and the modem gets reset.I want to know if there is any way to get the port number to a variable $port and discarding so that my above code works fine...In that case user donot have to take care of entering the port manually everytime and the script will automatically read the port number and set itself.

Please help

Regards,
      SAM

• By mikkokh
      Hi.

I have several different devices connected to my desktop PC with USB COM adapters.

Sometimes there is some error that will cut my USB COM device communication (usualy caused by lose USB connector)... After reconnecting that USB COM adapter, by some reason, Windows will give it different COM port number.
      I know there are some devices with integrated COM port circuit and they are used by client programs that can found them and only them by some USB hardware relate details and then use their COM port to communicate with correct COM device.
      It would be better to define some known and static hardware related string from device managers USB COM adapter details to my script config file, than always redefine different COM port to it.

How can I do this trick with autoit?

I communicate COM devices with cfxUDF.au3 AutoIt UDF.