OOo/LibO Calc UDF

GMK

GMK:

Thanks for posting this 'updated' version of the OOCalc UDF?

I can confirm that your demo file works well in the current stable Apache OpenOffice v 3.4.1 version.

It did not report any errors. I am sure there will be a use for this script. :thumbsup:

Again, Many thanks for sharing.

Edited by Mehomic

• 1 month later...

Very usefull UDF and example

Thanks for sharing

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried to run the example but get the following error:

OOoCalc.au3 (3151) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:
Local $oSM = ObjCreate("com.sun.star.ServiceManager"), $oReturn = $oSM.Bridge_GetStruct("com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue")
Local $oSM = ObjCreate("com.sun.star.ServiceManager"), $oReturn = $oSM^ ERROR
>Exit code: 1    Time: 2.335

Any help would be appreciated.

Dick Williams

Do you have OpenOffice installed?

EdIt: Or LibreOffice?

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Just a suggestion, add some error checking to the UDF functions because currently there's practically none. That error wouldn't have crashed the script if there was a check to see if $oSM was an object prior to trying to use it as one.

@DickWms - Have you tried running the script as a 32 bit process instead of a 64 bit one?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Without OOo or Libre installed, it's from the first call to _OOoCalcBookNew, as soon as it hits that it jumps to the function __OOoCalcSetPropertyValue which causes the error to appear. I'm guessing, and only a guess, that DickWms is seeing the same thing.

I've tried the latest version.  Here are the first few lines of the error messages I get.

Dick Williams

>"C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE..autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:Usersdickw_000Desktopnew autoitOOoCalc_Demo.au3"
--> OOoCalc.au3 V2.1.0 Error from function _OOoCalcBookNew ($_OOoCalcStatus_GeneralError - Unable to create service manager object)
--> OOoCalc.au3 V2.1.0 Error from function _OOoCalcSheetList ($_OOoCalcStatus_InvalidDataType - Invalid Calc object)
--> OOoCalc.au3 V2.1.0 Error from function _OOoCalcSheetNameSet ($_OOoCalcStatus_InvalidDataType - Invalid Calc object)
--> OOoCalc.au3 V2.1.0 Error from function _OOoCalcWriteCell ($_OOoCalcStatus_InvalidDataType - Invalid Calc object)
--> OOoCalc.au3 V2.1.0 Error from function _OOoCalcCellSetColors ($_OOoCalcStatus_InvalidDataType - Invalid Calc object)
--> OOoCalc.au3 V2.1.0 Error from function _OOoCalcWriteCell ($_OOoCalcStatus_InvalidDataType - Invalid Calc object)

Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows 8 machine with OpenOffice 3.4.1.  Have you tried re-installing (possibly after uninstalling) OpenOffice?  (EDIT: Make sure you do a full install, in case there are some components missing at the moment.)  There sounds like something different going on with Windows 8 that doesn't allow the UNO objects to be created.

If that doesn't work (and I know this might be asking a bit much), would it be possible to download and install LibreOffice 4.1 and test with that?

Edited by GMK

I just stumbled upon a possible cause of the problem.  It's possible that there could be a class permissions issue, in which case you'd have to go to the Component Services administrative tool.  I'm guessing you'll want to look for OpenOffice Service Manager, or something similar.

• 4 months later...

If I may make a suggestion... It would extremely helpful if you could add the $fVisible parameter into _OOoCalcBookOpen so that we can open the book hidden just as we are able to in the _ExcelBookOpen. This makes a world of difference if someone just wants to write data to a file without actually showing the file.

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...

I don't believe that option is possible with OOo because OOo's interface doesn't support it.