When compiled, how to know which line is error

Go to solution Solved by Jos,

@TheSaint: Thanks for the keep log and screenshot idea.

@czardas: yes, that is why I'm open this thread :) Who knows somebody here already have the method :)

@Melba: Before I create this thread, I already try it.

Using these directives:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=y
#Obfuscator_Parameters=/so
#Obfuscator_Ignore_Funcs=_Func_1,_Func_2,_Func_3,_Func_4

After obfuscated, my script become 7061 lines, but compiled script throw an error telling the error is at line 34580.

There is no line 34580 at the obfuscated version, so I think this method doesn't work :

@silver217 and water: there is no other quicker way except adding another 1000++ lines? :sweating:

@Mat: thanks for the idea!

@Water: the error is "Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.", always from the same line and I have exact way to produce it.

This is a script that running when computer restart. After it run, when I click on specific menu, it will throw this error, but

if I run it again (second and the rest), click on that specific menu, it wont throw error.

So this error only displayed on first run after restart. Never error when run from SciTe.

So if the error can be reproduced it it should be easy to check why it happens and to correct the error.

The error message tells you that the array you try to access is not an array.

Looks like the function which fills the array didn't do it. Check if this function returned an error code.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Word to the wise, when using arrays you should always add measures to check it's an array using UBound or determining if the functions returns an @error.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

the error is "Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.", always from the same line and I have exact way to produce it.

This is a script that running when computer restart. After it run, when I click on specific menu, it will throw this error, but

if I run it again (second and the rest), click on that specific menu, it wont throw error.

So this error only displayed on first run after restart. Never error when run from SciTe.

A design fault with your code.

But nobody know's what will happen in the future, let say when the PC upgrade the OS or upgrade the service pack or anything else

This can not be predicted. The only thing I can think of is to try and check if the system is the same as it was previously. If there are any changes you just have plug and pray. No amount of error checking will determine you are trying to run AutoIt on a linux distro that hasn't been invented yet.

Edited by czardas

Can you post the code where the array is filled or created?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

But why it only produce an error on first try? Second try and the rest never have problem

Come on, without any code it's hard to speculate. Please think about your issue from the perspective of those helping you. You have a clear understanding of your code, we don't.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Hi michaelslamet

I had a similar error, an script run from shite SciTE was ok, but when compiled return error about variables (i do not remember exactly the error)
in my case I had had to declare all variables as local or global as the case.

after variable declarations, the compiled script no longer has  generated errors.

bye

Edited by Pincopanco

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Let me guess - you are also working on 'King Lear'. (English joke) ;)

... no, really  just an unwanted  (but funny ) typo.

:)

Edited by Pincopanco

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

• Developers
  • Solution

@Melba: Before I create this thread, I already try it.

Using these directives:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=y

#Obfuscator_Parameters=/so

#Obfuscator_Ignore_Funcs=_Func_1,_Func_2,_Func_3,_Func_4

After obfuscated, my script become 7061 lines, but compiled script throw an error telling the error is at line 34580.

There is no line 34580 at the obfuscated version, so I think this method doesn't work :

You need to also use the EXE generated when using these parameters or simply use obfuscator option /mo or /mergeonly, in stead of /so, which will produce the same script as used by aut2exe.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Let me guess - you are also working on 'King Lear'. (English joke) ;)

That's the guy with the jet, right?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You need to also use the EXE generated when using these parameters or simply use obfuscator option /mo or /mergeonly, in stead of /so, which will produce the same script as used by aut2exe.

Jos

I thought this was in the Obfuscator documentation but it isn't, it seems to be missing.

UDF List:

• Developers

I thought this was in the Obfuscator documentation but it isn't, it seems to be missing.

I saw that it was missing in the current helpfile and have added it in my version for the next release.

Thanks

jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I saw that it was missing in the current helpfile and have added it in my version for the next release.

Thanks

jos

Got it.

UDF List:

Not sure if you have tried this, but it got me going on the right track

EDIT: And here is the solution: ( I've tried to explain it as simply as I can, so even the beginners can understand it.)

With the huge help from Jos, the goal in this post is now achieved, by using the >Obfuscator (version 1.0.29.8 and above) and the /MergeOnly (or /MO) option.

So, if you want to be able to find the errors reported by your compiled (EXE) scripts easily, you will need to add this line:

#Obfuscator_Parameters=/mergeonly

at the beginning of your script and run it through the Obfuscator (version 1.0.29.8 and above).

The option in the line above will not do any obfuscation to your code. It will only merge all the included files into just one, called YourScriptInitialName_Obfuscated.au3.

Now if you compile the obfuscated file, the error line numbers reported by your EXE file should match the lines in this obfuscated file. And once you find the right line of code, it should be a piece of cake to locate this line in your original source code. So make sure you keep this file somewhere for future error reference. :)

IMPORTANT NOTE: You should pay attention to the messages that Obfuscator gives, or check the Obfuscator.log file after the process is completed for any messages like this one:

-Line: 2. Encountered a continuationline which would be longer than 4095 when merge into 1 line, so spliting this continuation line into multiple lines..

If there is a similar line displayed, the line numbers from the error report and the obfuscated source will NOT match. In order to match them, you will need to merge any lines broken into smaller lines with the continuation character ("_") in the obfuscated source. But you will have to do that AFTER you have compiled your EXE file from that obfuscated script.

Here is how the process works:

1. Add #Obfuscator_Parameters=/mergeonly at the beginning of your AU3 script

2. Obfuscate your AU3 script using the Obfuscator.exe (version 1.0.29.8 and above)

3. Compile the obfuscated script.

4. Check the Obfuscator.log file (it is in the same folder where the Obfuscator.exe is installed) for a line similar to the bulded one in the above text.

5. If no similar lines are found - you are good to go and the line numbers should match.

6. If there are similar lines, you will need to merge the lines splitted with the continuation ("_") character in order for your line numbers to match the number in the error report.

If you come to the 6th point in the above list, you can either search for these lines manually, or you can use the following script to do the changes for you:

If $CmdLine[0]=1 AND FileExists($CmdLine[1]) Then
$SourceFileName=$CmdLine[1]
Else
    $SourceFileName = FileOpenDialog("Specify the file to be processed", @ScriptDir, "AutoIt3 Script (*.au3)", 3)
If @error Then Exit
EndIf

$ScriptData = Fileread($SourceFileName)
;Merge Continuation line into one line
$ScriptData = StringRegExpReplace($ScriptData, "( _rn)", "")
$TargetFileName = StringReplace($SourceFileName,".","_N.",-1)
FileDelete($TargetFileName)
FileWrite($TargetFileName, $ScriptData)

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Thank you for everybody who try to help me on this thread  :thumbsup: 

I'm sorry that I have no change to try it until just now.

Jos and Nitekram pointed using obfuscator with parameter /mergeonly solved it!

It pointed to EXACTLY where is the line number on the compiled version.

So I'm going to mark it as solved.

Thanks again! :)

Come on, without any code it's hard to speculate. Please think about your issue from the perspective of those helping you. You have a clear understanding of your code, we don't.

You're absolutely right :)

Finally found where the problem is: the ini file that read into an array is not read because the parameter for working dir is not given.