OutlookEX UDF - Help & Support (III)

water

What came to my mind when I was at the beach: How would you specify credentials when accessing a internet calendar?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

What came to my mind when I was at the beach: How would you specify credentials when accessing a internet calendar?

Sunny beach?  It's freezing cold out here... it snowed 10 cm yesterday, -4 °C in Belgium.  Beautiful.

When subscribing to an ical (na Internet Web address that begins with webcal:// (in my case it is https://), and ends with a file name that has the .ics file extension), I you get 3 prompts

1. Presuming Outlook is installed on the PC, the first prompt lets you choose between Outlook or another application, obviously select Outlook.

2. Microsoft Outlook then prompts 'Add this Internet Calendar to Outlook and subscribe to updates'. 

3. When you click yes, you get the sign-in for the webserver connection (to the cal url), enter the credentials for the webcal access and click OK

The Webcal is then imported and sync-ed automatically in Outlook (every 10 minutes), no need to retype the credentials, Outlook remembers this.

There seems also to be no limit in the amount of iCals that I can add to Outlook.

GreenCan

Contributions

CheckUpdate - SelfUpdating script ------- Self updating script

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

MsgBox with CountDown ------------------- MsgBox with visual countdown

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Input Period udf ------------------------------ GUI for a period input

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

Excel Chart UDF ----------------------------- Collaboration project with water 

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

TaskListAllDetailed --------------------------- List All Scheduled Tasks

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

Oracle SQL Report Generator -------------  Oracle Report generator using SQL

SQLite Report Generator -------------------  SQLite Report generator using SQL

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Animated animals ----------------------------- Fun: Moving animated objects

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

Can you please post the full _OL_FolderAccess statement and a screenshot of Outlook folder pane showing the accessed iCal?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Can you please post the full _OL_FolderAccess statement and a screenshot of Outlook folder pane showing the accessed iCal?

I'll do...

Contributions

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

• 2 weeks later...

_OL_FolderAccess for Internet calendars (iCal) resolved

see post 218 for some examples.

Thank you for your help water

Contributions

Maybe I am using the function wrong but I am trying to create a folder under the Inbox.

I am trying to get the $iFolderType so I can execute the _OL_CreateFolder

The results from _OL_FolderAccess($outlook,"*Inbox") is the following

Row 0 = 5

Row 1 = Blank

Row 2 = 0

Row 3 = very long string

Row 4 = very long string

Row 5 = myemailaddressInbox

So if I try to execute $a=_OL_FolderCreate($outlook,"Test123",$olMailItem)

Result of $a is 0 and folder does not get created.  

I am trying to create a folder and then copy any mail if it is newer than 30 days to this created folder.  Then I want to export this folder to a pst file.  

The test machine that I am using is my account using Outlook 2013.

Thanks so much for such a useful udf.  

Try

$oFolder = _OL_FolderCreate($outlook, "Test123", $olFolderInbox, "*\Inbox")

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm having an issue when using the function _OL_ItemSearch, most of the times it works ok but other times it fails with the error message

"Error : Array variable has Incorrect number of subscripts or subscripts dimension range exceeded"

When I ge tthe error and re-run the Code that has the issue and it works with no isues , so I'm having challenges trying to trace down

what is causing the issue, Below is the code that is having the issue.

Func Grab_email()
Dim $aItems

Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open()

_OL_ErrorNotify(2)

$Local_Folder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "", $olFolderInbox)

$StrOutlook_Inbox ="Mailbox - Schrader, Paul KBB Temp HoldingCDSN"

$strsql ='"urn:schemas:httpmail:read" =0'

$strsql ="@SQL=" & $strsql

'Process dies in the do loop ,  as it never gets to the write to log after the do loop before presenting the error
do
$aItems=_OL_ItemSearch($oOutlook,$StrOutlook_Inbox,$strsql,"EntryID")
_FileWriteLog(@ScriptDir & "CDSN.log", "Waiting  for email to be here")
ConsoleWrite("waiting for emails to equal 67")
until UBound($aItems) = 67

_FileWriteLog(@ScriptDir & "CDSN.log", "Got the emails Moving to Processing Stage")

'More code below to process emails

End Func

Which version of the OutlookEX UDF do you run?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Another question.

Does the problem only occur when new items arrive in the inbox while _OL_ItemSearch is running?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Another question:

What do you try to achieve with your script? Wait until 67 unread mails are in your inbox?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

An alternative would be function _OL_ItemFind. That's the basic search function whereas OL_ItemSearch is the advanced search function.

_OL_ItemFind once crashed whena new mail arrived while Outlook processed the current query. Maybe _OL_ItemSearch has a similar problem.

Running a search function in a infinite loop puts a heavy load on your PC.

Maybe waiting for the event that is triggered by a new mail would be a better way. In the Example Scripts forum you will find an example (please check my signature for the link).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

The trigger for the event is before the procedure is called, its a proces that creates 67 email to be sent to me.

When the procedure is called to process the emails their is about a 15 second wait ( the do loop) it does as the last 2 emails are comming into the email account

I will try the suggestion about using _ol_itemfind and see if that exhibits the same issues ( this will take time as the issue  occurs about 2 % of the time the process is run)

I was talking about Outlook events. Every incoming mail triggers such an event.

A script would process 67 events then call a function to process the whole bunch in one go.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Ive run into a neew issue I have an EXE created that will send an email with no issues when run via the Scite editor and running  the exe manually.

When I got to Schedule in Task Schedule and schedule the exe to run it fails.

User that is running the task is ad administrator and the option selected specfies run when user is logged on

So I added an error capture return after using _ol_open and I get the errors of

Extended = -2147221164

Error =1

Any Ideas

Edited by HighlanderSword

The error code stands for '80040154 Class not registered'.

Means: The class is unknown to the user running the script. I assume you use the system account to run the script in the task scheduler?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki