Maps (beta)

JohnOne

beta 3.3.13.17 is the first beta I've installed since 3.3.12.0 was released.

How do Maps work?

Seems from the help file that it's a scripting dictionary object with some methods coded into it already.

I'm probably wrong though.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Kinda. Map keys can be integers or case-sensitive strings and values can be any AutoIt datatype. Maps are not objects but internal datatype and retain insertion order.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Are there beta docs up on this site that can be linked to?  That could be a start.  Not everyone is going to touch the betas, but some interest can be generated by showing what the current documentation says without copying-and-pasting it here (and then keeping up with updates).

By the way, the current implementation looks like other language implementations of maps, hashtables, and associative arrays  (Javascript objects, PHP arrays, C++ sets/maps, C# Dictionary/Hash tables, D associative arrays) etc.

• Moderators

Ascend4nt,

As I explained before, everything that is known about maps is in the Beta Help file. There are a few native functions under <Map management> and some explanation on the <Language Reference - Variables> page. We are not holding back on anything - there are no secret functions or functionality that will suddenly appear. :)

There is a very early Alpha Map UDF, but as we have no idea what people might want to do with the new datatype there seems little point in developing it past that stage for the moment. The content at present is:

; _MapConcatenate
; _MapDisplay
; _MapFindAll
; _MapMaxKey
; _MapMaxValue
; _MapMinKey
; _MapMinValue
; _MapRenameKey
; _MapSearch
; _MapToArray
; _MapToClip
; _MapToString
and if it looks a lot like the Array library it should! :D

Maps were announced some 5 weeks ago in the Beta 3.3.13.3 thread and subsequent Betas have made reference to any changes made to syntax and function names. But the usual complete indifference of most people to testing new additions seems to have occurred - they seem to like waiting until a full release before announcing that they have found problems. :(>

So there you have the current state of play - enjoy. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

As I explained before, everything that is known about maps is in the Beta Help file.

As I said:

Not everyone is going to touch the betas, but some interest can be generated by showing what the current documentation says

If you don't at least expose that information on the site (beta documentation), people may just well skip the betas not knowing what new features are brought to the table or how they can be used.  Again, to give features exposure you need to generate interest in them.  Noone's done a good job in that respect. JohnOne can at least be commended for posting this thread, which is a step forward.

However, thanks for the other information.

• Administrators

By the way, the current implementation looks like other language implementations of maps, hashtables, and associative arrays  (Javascript objects, PHP arrays, C++ sets/maps, C# Dictionary/Hash tables, D associative arrays) etc.

Pretty much. I liked the way you could have integer and strings keys and also liked the idea of it staying in order of insertion when iterated.

For background, the way I implemented it internally was by creating a generic AObject class that allows something to have properties and methods and then derived the Map class from this. Then the COM parser code is used to process it and can have a simple check in it of "is it a COM object or a generic AObject" then uses polymorphism to just "check for method", "call method" etc. Makes it easy to add object types in the future or add the lua-like table that trancexx was looking at.

This is where the .Add() and .Keys() methods came in along with the .properties. But we had some discussions amongst ourselves and a lot of languages look really ugly when they try and mix procedural syntax and object-like syntax. I rewrote some function code to allow built-in functions to pass by reference so that functions like MapAdd() can now exist properly. So that's the main decision to be made. Pure object methods and properties, or remove the methods and properties and just use the Map...() functions and array-like access like $map["key"]. That's why both are still there at the mo - just can't decide. Even though it's implemented as an object internally, we don't have to expose that with .Methods if we don't like it.

I implemented it as a value-type as well (like Array) but there were some discussions about having it behave like a reference type instead so that you could reference maps inside maps rather than just copies of maps. But I thought that it makes sense that arrays and maps should behave the same in that respect and it would be more useful to create a way in the language of creating a reference. I've not been able to get it to work though - the parser design just isn't up to it.

At the mo I'm planning to do a stable release soon because there's been some big bugs fixed that I want out there, but that will almost certainly have maps disabled and then roll them into the next beta.

Jon, thanks for taking the time out to describe what the status of Map is, as well as how it works internally.

I suppose the safe bet for people experimenting would be to use array-like access $mMap["property"] as that would be easier to use a RegEx on to fix it up.

From some simple tests, it appears that array-access function call syntax works, while property access doesn't.

Here's just a random experiment I've created:

Func MyFunc()
    ConsoleWrite("Called MyFunc"&@LF)
EndFunc

Func ShowString(Const ByRef $mMap)
    If MapExists($mMap, "myString") Then ConsoleWrite("Map string = " & $mMap.myString & @LF)
EndFunc

Func TestMaps()
    Local $aArr[1], $mMap[], $mMap2[]

; Indirect function call using array
    $aArr[0] = MyFunc
    $aArr[0]()

; Indirect function call using Map & array-style access
    $mMap["func"] = MyFunc
    $mMap["func"]()

; Indirect function call using Map & member/property access
    $mMap2.func = MyFunc
    ;$mMap2.func()  ; Fails currently

; Value assign & access:
    $mMap["val"] = 1
    ConsoleWrite("Map1 value = " & $mMap.val & @LF)

; member/property version
    $mMap2.val = 4
    ConsoleWrite("Map2 value = " & $mMap2.val & @LF)

; More values
    $mMap["myString"] = "aMap string"
    $mMap2.myString = "aMap2 string"

; Passing maps as parameters
    ShowString($mMap)
    ShowString($mMap2)
EndFunc

TestMaps()

There's obviously great potential here for creating simple interfaces and pseudo-objects, but for now I'm going to start light..

*edit: see >this post for an extended example, plus Beta docs links

Edited by Ascend4nt

I don't think this syntax will be supported by Au3Check but who knows ...

Hey jpm are there any ignore options in au3check for certain parts of code such as the one above, instead of disabling it?

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Calling a member function with dot access works, but you have to surround it in parenthesis: 

($mMap2.func)()

Thanks for that. That's pretty ugly syntax, but I get that the parser has issues with it otherwise.

Anyway, I've updated my example after testing it on various embedded datatypes.  I was actually surprised to find out that DLLStructs are passed by reference (in stable and beta), rather than a copy being made..  interesting.  Also, the embedded-array access issue is a bit annoying, but that problem has been present with arrays-within-arrays as well.

Also, since Jon was cool enough to update the Beta docs, here's a link for anyone that hasn't played with the Beta's yet:

Overall: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/docs/

(currently, the Variables section has an overview of Maps, and Functions lists the Mapxx functions)

Also, the Map Management section: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/docs/functions/Map%20Management.htm

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=Beta
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=MapTests.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=n
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Map Tests
;
; Requires AutoIt beta (v3.3.13.18 tested)
; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; NOTES:
; -----
; - Embedding other complex datatypes:
;   Anything inserted in Arrays and Maps are COPIES of the objects,
;   EXCEPT for DLLStruct's, which are reference types (at least in current AutoIt versions)
;   So, modifying embedded Arrays and Maps will NOT alter the originals
;
; - Calling functions:
;   Must be done using Map["func"]() or (Map.func)()
;   Functions in Arrays work with Arr[i]()
;
; - Arrays within Maps/Arrays:
;   Write access:
;    No manner of subscript access works, and parentheses around an expression causes a copy
;    to be made, which discards the value at the end of the statement
;    A function taking an Array ByRef can be used to workaround the problem, however
;
;   Read access:
;    dot-member access works:
;     Map.arr[0]
;    However for both Maps and arrays, using subscript operators requires parentheses:
;     (Map["arr"])(0)
;     (Arr[0])[0]
;
; - Maps inside maps:
;   Read/Write access:
;     Map["map"]["val"]
;     Map.map.val
;
; - Maps within Arrays:
;   Write access:
;     Arr[3].data
;   Read access:
;     Arr[3].data
;     (Arr[3])["data"]
;
; - DLLStructs' produce references to the original structure (in current AutoIt versions)
;   Read/Write access depends on Array or Map container:
;     Arr[i].stVal
;     Map["struct"].stVal
;     Map.struct.stVal
;

Func MyFunc()
    ConsoleWrite("Called MyFunc"&@LF)
EndFunc

Func ShowString(Const ByRef $mMap)
    If MapExists($mMap, "myString") Then ConsoleWrite("Map string = " & $mMap.myString & @LF)
EndFunc

Func ModifyArrayValue(ByRef $aArr, Const $i, Const ByRef $vData)
    If IsArray($aArr) Then $aArr[$i] = $vData
EndFunc

Func TestMaps()
    Local $aArr[4], $mMap[], $mMap2[]
    ;Dim $mMap2[]    ; Also works for declaring/redeclaring variable as Map

;; -= Function call Tests -=

; Indirect function call using array
    $aArr[0] = MyFunc
    $aArr[0]()

; Indirect function call using Map & array-style access
    $mMap["func"] = MyFunc
    $mMap["func"]()

; Indirect function call using Map & member/property access
    $mMap2.func = MyFunc
    ; Awkward syntax which works (Au3Check fails to handle this, however)
    ($mMap2.func)()
    ;$mMap2.func()  ; Preferred syntax (which doesn't work)

;; -= Value assignment Tests =-

; array-style assign & access:
    $mMap["val"] = 1
    ConsoleWrite("Map1 value = " & $mMap["val"] & @LF)

; member/property version
    $mMap2.val = 4
    ConsoleWrite("Map2 value = " & $mMap2.val & @LF)

; More values
    $mMap["myString"] = "aMap string"
    $mMap2.myString = "aMap2 string"

; Passing maps as parameters
    ShowString($mMap)
    ShowString($mMap2)

;; -= Embedded Array tests =-

Local $aEmbedArr[2] = [1, 2]

; Makes *COPY* of array inside Map
    $mMap.arr = $aEmbedArr

; Modifying embedded array:

; Member/property access doesn't work:
    ;$mMap.arr[0] = 20

; Parentheses around a value forces a copy to be made [per Jon], not a reference:
;~     ($mMap.arr)[0] = 20    ; copy is made, and discarded

; array-style access doesn't work either:
    ;$mMap["arr"][0] = 20

; Indirect workaround (pass array as reference):
    ModifyArrayValue($mMap.arr, 0, 20)

ConsoleWrite("Map:Embedded-Array elements:"&@LF)
    ; array-style access
    For $i = 0 To UBound($mMap["arr"]) - 1
        ; Note Awkward syntax for getting internal array element:
        ; ($mMap["arr"])($i)
        ConsoleWrite("#" & $i & " = " & ($mMap["arr"])[$i] & @LF)
    Next

; Member/property access:
    ConsoleWrite("[alternate member/property access]:"&@LF)
    For $i = 0 To UBound($mMap.arr) - 1
        ConsoleWrite("#" & $i & " = " & $mMap.arr[$i] & @LF)
    Next

; .. 'EmbeddedArray' value remains the same as its initial assignment:
    ConsoleWrite("..aEmbedArr[0] = " & $aEmbedArr[0] & @LF)

;; - Embedded array in array (no Map) -

; Makes *COPY* of EmbedArray inside Array
    $aArr[1] = $aEmbedArr

; Doesn't work:
    ;$aArr[1]0] = 40

; Parentheses around a value forces a copy to be made [per Jon], not a reference:
;~     ($aArr[1])[0] = 40 ; copy is made, and discarded

; Indirect workaround (pass array as reference):
    ModifyArrayValue($aArr[1], 0, 40)

ConsoleWrite("Array:Embedded-Array elements:"&@LF)
    ; array-style access
    For $i = 0 To UBound($aArr[1]) - 1
        ; ($aArr[1])[$i]
        ConsoleWrite("#" & $i & " = " & ($aArr[1])[$i] & @LF)
    Next

; .. 'EmbeddedArray' value remains the same as its initial assignment:
    ConsoleWrite("..aEmbedArr[0] = " & $aEmbedArr[0] & @LF)

;; -= Structures =-

Local $tStruct = DllStructCreate("int MyInt;")
    ; Structure normal access:
    DllStructSetData($tStruct, "MyInt", 10)

; Structure property-access:
    $tStruct.myInt = 20

; Assign structure to Map (actually creates a reference rather than a copy)
    $mMap.struct = $tStruct

; Modify structure data (both ways work)
    $mMap.struct.myInt = 40
    $mMap["struct"].myInt = 60

ConsoleWrite("mMap.struct.myInt = " & $mMap.struct.myInt & @LF)

; Struct Inside array (creates reference to original struct)

$aArr[3] = $tStruct
    $aArr[3].myInt = 80
    ConsoleWrite("aArr[3].myInt = " & $aArr[3].myInt & @LF)

; Original Structure is modified by all operations above (even embedded in Maps or Arrays)
    ConsoleWrite("tStruct.myInt = " & $tStruct.myInt & @LF)
    ConsoleWrite("DLLStructGetData($tStruct, 'myInt') = " & DllStructGetData($tStruct, "myInt") &@LF)

;; -= Maps within Maps =-

Local $mEmbedMap[]
    $mEmbedMap.innerVal = 4

; This causes a *COPY* of $mEmbedMap to be added to $mMap:
    $mMap.embeddedMap = $mEmbedMap

; Modifying the embedded map doesn't affect the external one
    $mMap.embeddedMap.innerVal = 10
    ConsoleWrite("Map.embeddedMap.innerVal = " & $mMap.embeddedMap.innerVal & @LF)
    ; Alternate ways of writing the above line:
    ; (Note how 2 subscripts can be used here, as opposed to embedded arrays):
    ConsoleWrite("Map[embeddedMap][innerVal] = " & $mMap["embeddedMap"]["innerVal"] & @LF)
    ConsoleWrite("Map[embeddedMap].innerVal = " & $mMap["embeddedMap"].innerVal & @LF)

; .. 'EmbedMap' value remains the same as its initial assignment:
    ConsoleWrite("..EmbedMap.innerVal = " & $mEmbedMap.innerVal & @LF)

;; -= Maps within Arrays =-

; Creates a *COPY* of Map inside array
    $aArr[3] = $mEmbedMap

$aArr[3].innerVal = 20
;~     ($aArr[3])["innerVal"] = 40 ; copy is made, and discarded

ConsoleWrite("Arr[embeddedMap].innerVal = " & $aArr[3].innerVal &@LF)
    ; ($aArr[3])["innerVal"]
    ConsoleWrite("(Arr[embeddedMap])[innerVal] = " & ($aArr[3])["innerVal"] &@LF)

; .. 'EmbedMap' value remains the same as its initial assignment:
    ConsoleWrite("..EmbedMap.innerVal = " & $mEmbedMap.innerVal & @LF)

EndFunc

TestMaps()

What I'm struggling to understand about array access within a map is that if the value can be retrieved I'd have thought it could be set.

With an array in an array, you cannot even get a value of an element.

Here...

Local $aInternal = [99, "Problems"]
Local $aArray = [$aInternal]
ConsoleWrite(($aArray[0])[0] & " " & ($aArray[0])[1] & @CRLF)

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 4 weeks later...

So, for the Map types to become a really well integrated part of the language, there needs to be some support for string literal assignments. Without this kind of support, its very tedious to use Maps in many situations.

When I talk literals, I mean something like this:

$mMap [] = { "val" : 1, "valB" : $nVal, "name" : "Bob Smith", "array" : $myArray}

There's other ways to do the above, depending on the language, but I think that is one of the easiest ways to format it.

Anyway, for anyone looking to add *very* simplistic Map-literal assignment/addition to a Map, here's an example of how it could be done for the simplest of types (alphanumeric kinds of assignments):

; =================================================================================================
; Func _MapCreateFromStringLiteral($sMapLits)
;
; Given a string literal, creates and adds key/values to a new map which is returned.
; Note this is VERY simplistic and is really more for alphanumeric types of assignments.
;
; String literal for Maps is in the form of Javascript & D, except with quotes in place of brackets
; Example:
;  "[valA : mapVal, valB : 123, 3 : 4]" is the equivalent of:
;    Map["valA"] = "mapVal"
;    Map["valB"] = "123"
;    Map["3"] = "4"
;
; Note that currently there is no numeric conversion ("123" doesn't get converted to 123),
; however comparisons like ("123" = 123" work in AutoIt
;
; Returns:
;  Success: new Map
;  Failure: "" with @error set
;
; Author: Ascend4nt
; =================================================================================================
Func _MapCreateFromStringLiteral($sMapLits)
    Local $mMap []
    If Not _MapAddFromStringLiteral($mMap, $sMapLits) Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, "")
    Return $mMap
EndFunc
; Func _MapAddFromStringLiteral(ByRef $mMap, $sMapLits)
;
; Given a string literal, creates and adds key/values to the given Map parameter.
; Note this is VERY simplistic and is really more for alphanumeric types of assignments.
;
; String literal for Maps is in the form of Javascript & D, except with quotes in place of brackets
; Example:
;  "{valA : mapVal, valB : 123, 3 : 4}" is the equivalent of:
;    Map["valA"] = "mapVal"
;    Map["valB"] = "123"
;    Map["3"] = "4"
;
; Note that currently there is no numeric conversion ("123" doesn't get converted to 123),
; however comparisons like ("123" = 123") work in AutoIt
;
; Returns True on success, False on failure with @error set
;
; Author: Ascend4nt
Func _MapAddFromStringLiteral(ByRef $mMap, $sMapLits)
    If Not IsString($sMapLits) Or $sMapLits = "" Or Not IsMap($mMap) Then Return SetError(1, 0, False)
    ; Pull out "key:val" pairs. Optional whitespace surrounds each element (comma typically separates the pairs)
    Local $aMapVals = StringRegExp($sMapLits, "(\w+)\s*:\s*(\w+)", 3)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, False)
    For $i = 0 To (UBound($aMapVals) - 1) Step 2
        ;ConsoleWrite("Next assignment: Key '" & $aMapVals[$i] & "' = " & $aMapVals[$i + 1] & @CRLF)
        $mMap[$aMapVals[$i]] = $aMapVals[$i + 1]
    Next
    Return True
EndFunc

;; -= Map from Literals =-

Local $mMapFromLits = _MapCreateFromStringLiteral("{byte:1, short:2, int:4, int64:8, float:4, double:8}")

_MapAddFromStringLiteral($mMapFromLits, "{  char  :  1 ,  wchar  :  2  }")

ConsoleWrite("# of Keys in $mMapFromLits = " & UBound($mMapFromLits) & ":" & @CRLF)

For $kKey In MapKeys($mMapFromLits)
      ConsoleWrite("Map['" & $kKey & "'] = " & $mMapFromLits[$kKey] & @CRLF)
  Next

• 1 year later...

Maps accepts any datatype as an key? :blink:

Local $mMap[]

$mMap["String"] = "String Map"
$mMap[0] = "Integer Map"
$mMap[0.1] = "Float Map"
$mMap[True] = "Bool Map"

MsgBox(0, 0, $mMap["String"] & @CRLF & $mMap[0] & @CRLF & $mMap[0.1] & @CRLF & $mMap[True])

Edited by TheDcoder
Forgot to declare $mMap :P

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion