wakillon

TextDiff v1.0.2.4 Update of 31 Oct 2014

16 posts in this topic

I do not check it yet.

But it looks awesome :)

mLipok

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2017-06-04

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

"Awesome" is a bit too much !  :D

No, there is some times where we need to compare 2 files for find differences and tired to search them "manually" i write this little utility for easily find them !

Thanks. ;)

Edited by wakillon

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

Seems to work properly.  :thumbsup:

Here some suggestions:

• can you put the filenames to the top (above) each listview with bigger font?
  • when you scroll one listview then automatically scroll the other one
  • the sum of the differences are correct but I wouldn't count that way
  • can you highlight the differents within a line?

2dbues0.png

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Nice.

My goto tool for this has been winmerge in past.

Always nice to see AutoIt solutions.

Yes WinMerge, TextDiff  are great and also some online solutions too, but it's always a pleasure to use one made with AutoIt !  ;)

Thanks.

Seems to work properly.  :thumbsup:

Here some suggestions:

• can you put the filenames to the top (above) each listview with bigger font?
  • when you scroll one listview then automatically scroll the other one
  • the sum of the differences are correct but I wouldn't count that way
  • can you highlight the differents within a line?

Your suggestions are reminiscent of those of a WinMerge user !  :D

Well, for filename and font, i aggree.

Scroll 2 Listviews at same time is a good idea too.

For the diff Count, it's displayed for each text and for both, so i don't know why you do not found it ok ?

But HighLight differences within a line seems to be impossible to do in a Listview, no ?  :huh2:

When you count e.g. the differences from the screenshot you see that 1 line is missing and 2 lines have differences -> 3 lines where different. But this is how you see the differences.

5 is also ok but for me the real difference is rather 3.

Hmm, to colorizes the difference in ListView might be possible but I cannot estimate how much efforts it will cost.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

When you count e.g. the differences from the screenshot you see that 1 line is missing and 2 lines have differences -> 3 lines where different. But this is how you see the differences.

5 is also ok but for me the real difference is rather 3.

Hmm, to colorizes the difference in ListView might be possible but I cannot estimate how much efforts it will cost.

Br,

UEZ

For a human it's visible to the naked eye, but how do you want that script detect similar lines ? 

And i have already seen listview with columns who have different colors, but for strings in a same column, i ask to see where you have saw it... :huh2:

#10 ·  Posted (edited)

I'm using Total Commander to compare files.

258846g.png

Most time it works properly.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Wow

I just take a look at it, and it look powerfull

Very fast and with lot of details for see the differences.

It do not use listviews, i get a Class: "Window" when i search for type of control...

We do not play in the same category !  :D

Updated.

2 UEZ's suggestions are now available.

Main improvement : Vertical and Horizontal scrolling can be synchronized.

Thanks, works great  :thumbsup:

Br,

UEZ

Thanks, works great  :thumbsup:

Br,

UEZ

You're welcome  ;)

The next step should be to display blank line blocks in front of each block of text who is absolutely not present in the other file, as WinMerge do, for a better display of differences.

But it seems to be complicate to applied... :huh2:

Thanks.

#15 ·  Posted (edited)

Awesome!!! :D

I'm going to retire my noob script:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

$sFile1 = FileOpenDialog('File 1',"",'All (*.*)|Text files (*.txt)|Html (*.htm)')

$sFile2 = FileOpenDialog('File 1',"",'All (*.*)|Text files (*.txt)|Html (*.htm)')

$aFile1 = FileReadToArray($sFile1)
$inf1 = UBound($aFile1)
$aFile2 = FileReadToArray($sFile2)
$inf2 = UBound($aFile2)

For $iL1 = ($inf1-1) to 0 Step -1
    For $iL2 = ($inf2-1) to 0 Step -1
        If $aFile1[$iL1] == $aFile2[$iL2] Then
            $aFile1[$iL1] = ''
            $aFile2[$iL2] = ''
        EndIf
    Next
Next

For $iL1 = ($inf1-1) to 0 Step -1
    if $aFile1[$iL1] == '' Then _ArrayDelete($aFile1,$iL1)
Next
For $iL2 = ($inf2-1) to 0 Step -1
    if $aFile2[$iL2] == '' Then _ArrayDelete($aFile2,$iL2)
Next

$hFile = FileOpen('Result.txt',1)
FileWrite($hFile,$sFile1 & ' ---------------------------------------------------------' & @CRLF)
_FileWriteFromArray($hFile,$aFile1)
FileWrite($hFile,@CRLF & $sFile2 & ' ---------------------------------------------------------' & @CRLF)
_FileWriteFromArray($hFile,$aFile2)
FileWrite($hFile,@CRLF & '---------------------------------------------------------' & @CRLF)
FileClose($hFile)
Edited by oapjr

Thanks

We all start with this kind of script a day !  ;)