Hi folks,

I am working with win32_printerconfiguration for checking the duplex option is installed or not in the printers.

$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & @ComputerName & "\root\CIMV2")
            $Error_WMI = @error
            If IsObj($objWMIService) Then
               $colItemsa = $objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_PrinterConfiguration ", "WQL",$wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)
               If IsObj($colItemsa) Then
                  For $objPrinters In $colItemsa

msgbox(0,"check","entering loop")
                     $NameP = $objPrinters.Name
                     If $NameP = $cfgLocPrinterName[$p - 1] Then
                        $DuplexValue = $objPrinters.Duplex
                     EndIf
                  Next
               EndIf
            Else
               LogCreation("DuplexInstalledCheck", "WMI object", "Error in reading WMI object")
            EndIf

script is existing from the for loop. it is not even printing the msg box titled check. any one please help

Which AutoIt version ?

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskScheduler

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2018-10-31

You used the wrong section for you problem. ;)

This code works for me on Win8.1

$Error_WMI = @error
   $colItemsa = $objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_PrinterConfiguration ", "WQL", 0x30)
        msgbox(0,"check","entering loop" & @CRLF & $NameP & @CRLF & $DuplexValue)
      Next
   EndIf
Else
   ConsoleWrite("Error" & @CRLF)
EndIf

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

You used the wrong section for you problem. ;)

This code works for me on Win8.1

$Error_WMI = @error
   $colItemsa = $objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_PrinterConfiguration ", "WQL", 0x30)
        msgbox(0,"check","entering loop" & @CRLF & $NameP & @CRLF & $DuplexValue)
      Next
   EndIf
Else
   ConsoleWrite("Error" & @CRLF)
EndIf

​Even for me it is working in some systems. But in the system that i need this, no luck. :(

i tried to get the error by adding objevent autoit.error. 

i got error number as 80041006. i've googled it and got invalid class reference could be the reason. so i tried to print the variable $colItemsa. it is not giving anything. Then i convert that variable to string from array. No out put. 

What is the operating system of that system? Is the WMI service running?

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

What is the operating system of that system? Is the WMI service running?

windows 7.

Yes i can read win32_printer using wql.