how to automate Java Installer

11 posts in this topic

I have Java 8 installer 

I want to automate it's installation process. 

I have found silent installation method but I want to install it using controls clicking like as normal user do 

But I don't find any control using  AutoIt v3 Window Info 

How I can find it's control buttons ?

Thank you :blink:

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Maybe with

from @junkew

Edited by AutoBert
1 person likes this

Look for unatentded instalation switches

1 person likes this

>>>> Directory Enquiries Challenge <<<<
NEW:     ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button:

Last update: 2016-08-11
Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft Components * TeamViewer API -UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAPPOP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * WinSCP UDF *

My contribution to others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) *

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Search for jabsimplespy or java accessibility bridge

@junkew  i have followed instructions i have JDk Installed 

also run 

jabswitch.exe" /enable

i am not getting other steps 
and when i executed simply spy and pressed ctrl + w it stop working 
i think i have to do something else before it working ?

Which windows version and which jdk.

Search for javaferret or java screenreader. 

windows 10 and jdk 1.8
okay i will search for java screenreader ty :D 

you can run the java installer from the windows command line,

jre-8u101-windows-i586.exe /s

Thank you dear
although i have found this solution 
like this 
first i have to record it's state 

jdk-8u101-nb-8_1-windows-x64.exe --record state.xml

then i can use like this 

jdk-8u101-nb-8_1-windows-x64.exe --silent --state state.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!--

Copyright 1997-2010 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
  Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

The contents of this file are subject to the terms of either the GNU General Public
  License Version 2 only ("GPL") or the Common Development and Distribution
  License("CDDL") (collectively, the "License"). You may not use this file except in
  compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy of the License at or nbbuild/licenses/CDDL-GPL-2-CP. See the
  License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the
  License.  When distributing the software, include this License Header Notice in
  each file and include the License file at nbbuild/licenses/CDDL-GPL-2-CP.  Oracle
  designates this particular file as subject to the "Classpath" exception as provided
  by Oracle in the GPL Version 2 section of the License file that accompanied this code.
  If applicable, add the following below the License Header, with the fields enclosed
  by brackets [] replaced by your own identifying information:
  "Portions Copyrighted [year] [name of copyright owner]"
  The Original Software is NetBeans. The Initial Developer of the Original Software
  is Sun Microsystems, Inc. Portions Copyright 1997-2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All
  Rights Reserved.
  If you wish your version of this file to be governed by only the CDDL or only the
  GPL Version 2, indicate your decision by adding "[Contributor] elects to include
  this software in this distribution under the [CDDL or GPL Version 2] license." If
  you do not indicate a single choice of license, a recipient has the option to
  distribute your version of this file under either the CDDL, the GPL Version 2 or
  to extend the choice of license to its licensees as provided above. However, if you
  add GPL Version 2 code and therefore, elected the GPL Version 2 license, then the
  option applies only if the new code is made subject to such option by the copyright
--><state xmlns:xsi="" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="state-file.xsd">
        <product platform="windows linux solaris-sparc solaris-x86 macosx-ppc macosx-x86" status="to-be-installed" uid="nb-base" version="">
                <property name="">C:\Program Files\NetBeans 8.1</property>
                <property name="minimum.jdk.version">1.7.0</property>
                <property name="jdk.location">C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_101</property>
                <property name="installation.timestamp">1476539814627</property>
                <property name="">all.users</property>
                <property name="installation.location.macosx">$N{install}/NetBeans/NetBeans</property>
                <property name="installation.location">$N{install}/netbeans-8.1</property>
                <property name="desktop.shortcut.location">all.users</property>
                <property name="netbeans.summary.message.text"/>
        <product platform="windows-x64" status="to-be-installed" uid="jdk" version="">
                <property name="">true</property>
                <property name="installation.location">$N{install}/jdk1.8.0_101</property>
                <property name="">C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_101</property>
        <product platform="windows linux solaris-sparc solaris-x86 macosx-ppc macosx-x86" status="to-be-installed" uid="nb-extide" version="">
                <property name="show-in-wizard">false</property>
                <property name="installation.location">C:\Program Files\NetBeans 8.1</property>
        <product platform="windows linux solaris-sparc solaris-x86 macosx-ppc macosx-x86" status="to-be-installed" uid="nb-javase" version="">
                <property name="jre.allowed">false</property>
                <property name="installation.location">C:\Program Files\NetBeans 8.1</property>

But as you know the packege that i have downloaded has JDK/JRE netbeans so it can take too much time for installation.
And a user who don't know much about these things he would be thinking what is going on :P 
so that is way i was thinking to make installer like a normal user install like autoit help contain a example winzip installation :D 
but thank you for reply :D :)

I extract the .MSI from the .EXE and then run it with standard MSIEXEC silent flags.  

You can use a transform file to make changes to your install, or parameters, or what I do is just modify the MSI with InstaEdit

1 person likes this