ATCmd.au3 UDF - Control AT Modems

Hello!!! I want to share this UDF I've made with @mLipok, for some personal reason We stopped UDF development at 26-10-2020. So this can still be not fully operational.

Donwload Link:

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/files/file/512-atcmdau3-udf/

Saludos

Good to see you again active on the forum.
As to ATCmd.au3
I must check it again and make some guideline how use them, as this is strongly related to the device you choose, and to GSM operator you have.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• 2 years later...

@Danyfirex I have few mod to this UDF.
I want to move development process to GitHub.
I would like to ask if you have any restrictions when it comes to transferring the project to the GitHub platform under my supervision under the MIT license.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

@mLipok sure do it. I don't care. It would be great to have it on GitHub. You're the boss :thumbsup:

Saludos

Fine.
I will do it in the comming week.
As so far I have finally done UCS support in sending SMS and _ATCmd_SMS_ListMessages()

Must to check it with few GSM modem and then I be ready to publish.

As so far tested with: ZTE MF631

and with  LC SIM800C V3
    ( the same model as posted by @Viszna here ... - in fact, I received this modem as a gift a few years ago from @Viszna Thanks bro ).

I still have to test it with few Huawei models.

After that I need to test all the same modem devices, but with another GSM service provider (currently T-Mobile, but I also have Orange).

EDIT 1:
tested with HUAWEI E3131 - works well.

EDIT 2:
tested with HUAWEI E176G - works well.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

So this will be last UDF version published this way (as attachment here).
For future update please take a look:  
https://github.com/mlipok/ATCmd.au3

2023/10/10
    .    $ATCmd_ERR_COMMTIMEOUT - mLipok
    .    $ATCmd_CMGLPDU_* - parameters for _ATCmd_SMS_ListMessages() - mLipok
    .    $ATCmd_CMGLTEXT - list of parameters (an array) for _ATCmd_SMS_ListMessages() - mLipok
    .    $ATCmd_TestingMode - for developer testing - mLipok
    .    __ATCmd_WaitResponse() - reports $ATCmd_ERR_COMMTIMEOUT - mLipok
    .    __ATCmd_WaitResponse() - reports $ATCmd_ERR_COMMERROR - mLipok
    .    __ATCmd_WaitResponse() - refactored for better TimeOut handling - mLipok
    .    __ATCmd_WaitResponse() - refactored for better Error handling - mLipok
    .    __ATCmd_WaitSuccess() - checks __ATCmd_LastSent() and uses _ATCmd_UsePDU() or _ATCmd_UseUCS2() accordingly - mLipok
    .    __ATCmd_UCS2HexToString() - mLipok
    .    __ATCmd_DefaultConfig() - USC2 support - mLipok
    .    _ATCmd_SMS_ListTextMessages() - renamed to: __ATCmd_SMS_ListMessagesToArray() - mLipok
    .    __ATCmd_SMS_ListMessagesToArray() - USC2 support - mLipok
    .    _ATCmd_Connect() - refactored - mLipok
    .    _ATCmd_Connect() - $sPIN parameter added - mLipok
    .    _ATCmd_GetAllStatus() - small fixes - mLipok
    .    _ATCmd_Command() - support for $ATCmd_CTRL_Z - mLipok
    .    _ATCmd_SMS_Sender() - rafactorization - separation of: _ATCmd_UsePDU() and _ATCmd_UseUCS2() - mLipok
    .    _ATCmd_SMS_Sender() - USC2 support - mLipok
    .    _ATCmd_SMS_Sender() - better error handling - mLipok
    .    _ATCmd_SMS_Sender() - uses _ATCmd_Command() instead _COM_SendChar() to send $ATCmd_CTRL_Z - mLipok
    .    _ATCmd_CMEESetup() - removed as not used anymore - mLipok
    .    _ATCmd_CommandSyncOK() is mostly used instead _ATCmd_Command() - mLipok

ATCmd_1.2.1.zip

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working with COMUDF.au3 and ATCmd.au3 for a few days and am having connection consistency issues.  My code isn't changing.  Period.  I run the same code over and over.  Roughly 50% of the time it works as desired.  The other times, I cannot open a serial port handle... returns -1.

No matter what tweaking I've tried seems to change that.  I've carefully looked at all of my device settings on my Win10 PC and cannot find anything relevant that would interfere with it.  If I loop the code for creating a handle -- whether that be _ATCmd_Connect or _COM_OpenPort() -- it just fails that number of loops.  I can't "flush" any buffers or other functions because they all require a handle.  I was only getting about a 30% success rate but added _ATCmd_GetAllStatus(true,false) to the mix (just after the connect, of course) and inexplicably that seems to have improved (but far from eliminated) the success rate.  I need this to work every time, period.  So, I'm stuck and would appreciate any help.

(Yes, I've mixed and matched and removed large swathes of code in ATCmd.au3 to make this simple, but like I said, it works about 50% of the time.  The rest of the time, I can't get a handle.  Usually when running from the IDE I have to hit Ctrl-Break to terminate the attempt if it doesn't get a handle.)

Pseudo-code:

_ATCmd_Connect($g_sDeviceName,'','baud=9600 parity=n data=8 stop=1 dtr=on rts=on to=off')

$a_AllStatus = _ATCmd_GetAllStatus(true,false)

ConsoleWrite("_ATCmd_CommandSyncOK('AT+BAUD=?')" & @CRLF)
$s_rt = _ATCmd_CommandSyncOK("AT+BAUD=?",3)

_ATCmd_Disconnect()  ; although, even if I leave this out, it seems to know to disconnect!

So, nothing elaborate.  In ATCmd.au3, I added these lines after _COM_OpenPort so that I'd see an immediate error if I didn't get a handle:

Local $hCOMPort = _COM_OpenPort($sCOMPort)
    _ATCmd_ErrorLog(@ScriptLineNumber & ' ATCmd: Unable to Open Port: ' & $sCOMPort)
    if $hCOMPort=-1 then
        ConsoleWrite("_ATCmd_Connect : Unable to Open Port using: " & $sCOMPort & @CRLF)
    EndIf

Naturally, if I get the handle, I get a "response: OK+BAUD=9600" but if not then a zero.

Using terminal programs (RealTerm, CoolTerm, etc.) I can successfully connect about the same amount of time, and send successful AT commands.  I thought that the CoolTerm "Flush Serial Port" command helped for a while, but it's still about 50/50.  I have no idea what that button does.

Any suggestions about where I go from here?

Edited by RobertL

6 hours ago, RobertL said:

I've been working with COMUDF.au3 and ATCmd.au3 for a few days and am having connection consistency issues.  My code isn't changing.  Period.  I run the same code over and over.  Roughly 50% of the time it works as desired.  The other times, I cannot open a serial port handle... returns -1.

6 hours ago, RobertL said:

Using terminal programs (RealTerm, CoolTerm, etc.) I can successfully connect about the same amount of time, and send successful AT commands.  I thought that the CoolTerm "Flush Serial Port" command helped for a while, but it's still about 50/50.

please try 

https://m2msupport.net/m2msupport/software-and-at-commands-for-m2m-modules/

And tell me, are you facing the same problem with this program?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

btw.
You can also use the free version

https://github.com/tomazas/ATCommandTester

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Thanks for that!  I played with it for a while.  It would Find Port (COM3) but never connect.  And usually after 2 or 3 tries, it would crash.  I find it strange my code will connect about half the time, but this one not at all.  I unplugged the USB-Serial device (Friendly name: Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge) and waited a while, plugged it back in, but with the same results (a crash after trying a few times).  Attached is the log file dump.

I'm now trying to review the original driver manual on their suggested ways of connecting, but it's slow going.

hs_err_pid68448.log

20 minutes ago, RobertL said:

Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge

you mean this one
https://www.silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers?tab=documentation

?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I went ahead and spent the $10 for the "standard" ATCommandTester, and upon using it's Connect button, the attempts and results were a lot more robust, but still no joy in Mudville.  I may have to find a different USB-Serial device with a different driver.  Sigh.

Found ports :COM3

Sending AT query..
OK
Disconnecting port COM3.

Retry connecting COM3 at 9600 with flow control enabled

Sending AT query..
OK
Disconnecting port COM3.

Retry connecting COM3 at 9600

Sending AT query..
f�������Disconnecting port COM3.

Retry connecting COM3 at 9600 with flow control enabled

Sending AT query..

Retry connecting COM3 at 19200

Sending AT query..

Retry connecting COM3 at 19200 with flow control enabled

Sending AT query..

Retry connecting COM3 at 38400

Sending AT query..

Retry connecting COM3 at 38400 with flow control enabled

Error: COM3 port is currently in use.
Disconnecting port COM3.

Retry connecting COM3 at 57600

Disconnecting port COM3.

Retry connecting COM3 at 57600 with flow control enabled

Disconnecting port COM3.

Retry connecting COM3 at 115200

Disconnecting port COM3.

Retry connecting COM3 at 115200 with flow control enabled

Sending AT query..

Retry connecting COM3 at 230400

Sending AT query..

Retry connecting COM3 at 230400 with flow control enabled

Sending AT query..
f������� 

Invalid or no response from the device. Please check the modem port and the baud rate.Disconnecting port COM3.

I've given up on the "DSD TECH SH-UR01A USB Relay Controller" (which uses AT commands for control) and have gone to "Plan B", using the "SMAKN LCUS-1 type USB relay module".  Using ComUDF.au3 only, connecting and sending some hex characters using about 25 lines of code I was able to switch the contacts on and off 100% of the time, with 100% consistency.  I'm very happy with that result!

Thanks for the help, but I think either the driver or the chips on the DSD Tech SH-UR01A device are less than robust, thus the issues.

-- Robert