DrAhmed

Take snapshot from webcam and save it as a picture

17 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a simple function to take a single snapshot from webcam and save  it as a picture

I've searched in google and most of UDF's I foud were outdated and not working, others are very complicated to use .

It would be cool if it can control the quality of saved picture like in screenshots

_ScreenCapture_SetJPGQuality($Quality)

I would appreciate it If someone can help
thanks in advance :)

1 person likes this

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2017-06-04

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, mLipok said:

Both UDFs are not working I got a blank black window for both of them , snapshot picture is empty

9Nu8qQT.png

fVI3fYR.png

I also got this popup when I first execute the script ( for both UDFs)  :

qMzdOUr.png

Edited by DrAhmed

This one :

works for me out of the box.

ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

3 minutes ago, mLipok said:

This one :

works for me out of the box.

Not for me :(

qMzdOUr.png

Then :

EhAaf88.png

I am on Windows 10 x64 with bultin webcam for laptop , doest this affect the script ?

Just now, DrAhmed said:

I am on Windows 10 x64 with bultin webcam for laptop

I'm exactly in the same situtuation.

Spoiler

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, mLipok said:

I'm exactly in the same situtuation.

Well After many tests .. I did a restart to my pc and both scripts worked good for the first run

But, If I close the script and run it again I get the popup and black screen (like above) :( , is there a solution for that ? or the bug is in the UDF itself ?

Edited by DrAhmed

Do not know, I just used it first time.

Spoiler

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

I used the UDF from Ludocus long time ago and published a Demo for it: https://autoit.de/index.php/Thread/22404-Beispiel-SnapShot-s-from-WebCam-ver-0-8-1-3/?pageNo=1

In https://autoit.de/index.php/Thread/28732-Zwei-Webcam-Anwendungen/ BugFix posted a changed UDF. And from this thread i know 1*Skype started and WebCam can't be used with AutoIt (also when Skype is closed meanwhile) without a restart of the system. The Downloadable Files are attached.

My "SnapShot from WebCam"-Example: WebCam_SnapShots.au3 uses the the webcam.au3 from Ludocus,but will also work with the newer Web_Cam.au3 from @BugFix

The atached files from BugFix thread: SimpleWebCamApp.au3, MyWebcam.au3, Web_Cam.au3, WebcamConstants.au3 .

When using BugFix Web_Cam.au3 (based on Ludocus WebCam.au3) the WebCamConstants.au3 must be in same folder as the Web_Cam.au3. 

Edited by AutoBert

@BugFix

Trying to download: SimpleWebcamApp.au3
From site mentioned by @AutoBert

And I get:    Fatal error: An error occured. Sorry.

Can you post your modification to the AutoIt forum in:

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/files/category/12-hardware/

Spoiler

@mLipok: i attached all 4 files on my post before. The one download you got the error (is beeing lost by forum update) is also posted in spoiler.

#12 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanks .
EDIT: Works prety good ;)

Edited by mLipok

Spoiler

#13 ·  Posted (edited)

same problem works only at first time :(

ANIhYee.jpg

19ro7U6.jpg

Edited by DrAhmed

I've a friend who made a .Net webcam viewer using an external webcam.dll plugin written in VB.NET and it  works correctly every time :o

I wonder if we can do this in Autoit :'(

The original script from Ludocus, the BugFix scripts and mine are working correctly every time on my pc. The script von Limiter don't work on my pc. Have you tried mine?

9 hours ago, AutoBert said:

The original script from Ludocus, the BugFix scripts and mine are working correctly every time on my pc. The script von Limiter don't work on my pc. Have you tried mine?

yes that's what I got :

DgvCaPn.jpg