water

WebDriver example scripts collection

The WebDriver UDF provides a toolbox full of functions to facilitate automating Web browsers.
Still scripts can become quite complex.

In this thread users can post "real life" examples to show how specific tasks can be implemented.

Note
When posting an example please describe the purpose of the script and the WebDriver functionality used!

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-06-17 - Version 1.5.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.3.2.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki, WebDriver - Wiki

What this script does
Extracts the list of GDPR fines from website enforcementttracker.com and returns a 2D array holding all items.

N.B. The numbers of the following list can be found in the script as comments.

WebDriver functionality used

1. Tested with Firefox
  2. Start geckodriver to automate Firefox from a different location (needs to be modified by you in the scripts source)
  3. Maximize the browser window
  4. Retrieve all values from the "Show n entries" dropdown and select the second to last (50 entries)
  5. Sort the table by clicking on a table header
  6. Scroll to the end of the page
  7. Search and click a button

GDPR fines Version 1.au3

GDPR fines Version 2.au3

Edited by water
#4 has been enhanced: Now retrieves all values from the "Show n entries" dropdown and selects the second to last (50 entry). Was hardcoded before.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-06-17 - Version 1.5.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:

@water In GDPR fines.au3 you are using 

_WD_ElementOptionSelect($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//select[@name='penalties_length']//option[contains(text(),'100')]")
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error)

Would you be so nice and explain in a new example, a way to retrieve (as an array), a list of option from this element:

<select name="penalties_length" aria-controls="penalties" class=""><option value="10">10</option><option value="25">25</option><option value="50">50</option><option value="100">100</option></select>

btw.
I finally start to work with WebDriver UDF, soon will post more questions, examples, functions, my proposals.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest beginning - communication with GitHub REST API Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskScheduler

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2019-10-01

@mLipok Here's a simple way to do it --

$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//select[@name='penalties_length']")
$sText = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'property', 'innerText')
$aOptions = StringSplit ( $sText, @LF,  $STR_NOCOUNT)
_ArrayDisplay($aOptions)

If you would rather process each element individually, then this gets them into an array for further processing --

$aElements = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//select[@name='penalties_length']//option", Default, True)
_ArrayDisplay($aElements)

I have modified the example above accordingly.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

Example script using the new _WD_ElementActionEx function --

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"

Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession
SetupGecko()
_WD_Startup()
$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)
_WD_Navigate($sSession, "http://demo.guru99.com/test/simple_context_menu.html")
$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//button[contains(text(),'Double-Click Me To See Alert')]")

If @error = $_WD_ERROR_Success Then
    _WD_ElementActionEx($sSession, $sElement, "doubleclick")
EndIf

Sleep(2000)
_WD_Alert($sSession, 'accept')

$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//span[@class='context-menu-one btn btn-neutral']")

If @error = $_WD_ERROR_Success Then
    _WD_ElementActionEx($sSession, $sElement, "rightclick")
EndIf

Func SetupChrome()
    _WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe')
    _WD_Option('Port', 9515)
    _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"')
    $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "args":["start-maximized","disable-infobars"]}}}}'
EndFunc   ;==>SetupChrome

Func SetupGecko()
_WD_Option('Driver', 'geckodriver.exe')
_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace')
_WD_Option('Port', 4444)

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"browserName": "firefox", "acceptInsecureCerts":true}}}'
EndFunc