_GUIRegisterMsgEx() UDF - Register multiple functions with GUIRegisterMsg()

guinness

So what's the workaround without using Call()? As that wasn't pretty code. Or maybe I am just misunderstood or something, I dunno!

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

For those of you who enjoy writing code that's counter-intuitive or enjoy magic numbers, then see the first post, as this update is for you!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

So what's the workaround without using Call()? As that wasn't pretty code. Or maybe I am just misunderstood or something, I dunno!

I learned that trying to code in a pretty way means limiting myself, the fact is that a pretty code is far different from an effective and yet readable one.

I saw so many C++ codes that will make you run away when you take a close look at, but they are bug free, well optimized and do what they should do.

I learned that trying to code in a pretty way means limiting myself, the fact is that a pretty code is far different from an effective and yet readable one.

I saw so many C++ codes that will make you run away when you take a close look at, but they are bug free, well optimized and do what they should do.

I agree, though I don't know how effective it is with what you proposed, but I will update anyway.

UDF List:

I can think about something about this, however I personally don't prefer it.

Local $aArgs[5]
$aArgs[0] = "CallArgArray"
$aArgs[1] = "Arg 1"
$aArgs[2] = "Arg 2"
$aArgs[3] = "Arg 3"
$aArgs[4] = "Arg 4"

For $i = 1 To 5
    Call(Foo, $aArgs)
    If (@error = 0xDEAD And @extended = 0xBEEF) Then
        ReDim $aArgs[UBound($aArgs) - 1]
        ContinueLoop
    EndIf

ExitLoop
Next

Func Foo($a, $b)
    ConsoleWrite("[-] Here..." & @CRLF)
EndFunc

I can think about something about this, however I personally don't prefer it.

I agree with you on that -_0

UDF List:

Func __GUIRegisterMsgEx_EVENTPROC($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) ; $hWnd = Func, $iMsg = Windows (WM) message, $wParam = Internal message.

is this comments are correct ?

EDIT:

Why you passing Func to $hWnd ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

mLipok,

It was my question too (When i looked at it for the first time).

guinness went the tricky way (A nice way), __GUIRegisterMsgEx_EVENTPROC() is being used for registering, unregistering and even handling the messages (Such a magic function).

Those 4 parameters are required by the original GUIRegisterMsg() function, guinness also used 3 of them too (This is the trick).

So, $hWnd works as the windows handle in message processing/handling, and works as Function reference in registering/unregistering the messages.

Correcto mondo! By having one function I can declare the storage array as static and not global. Maybe some AutoIt purists will condemn me, but you can't please 'em all.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_GUIRegisterMsgEx() is actually just a wrapper, so all in all it's one function when you look at it, since if you don't want to use _GUIRegisterMsgEx() then you can do ..

>> __GUIRegisterMsg_EVENTPROC(SomeFunc, $WM_SIZE, $GUIREGISTERMSG_ADD, Null) to register

>> __GUIRegisterMsg_EVENTPROC(SomeFunc, $WM_SIZE, $GUIREGISTERMSG_DELETE, Null) to unregister

Or for magic number lovers out there...

>> __GUIRegisterMsg_EVENTPROC(SomeFunc, 5, 1025, Null) to register

>> __GUIRegisterMsg_EVENTPROC(SomeFunc, 5, 1026, Null) to unregister

UDF List:

I realy prefer this one:

>> __GUIRegisterMsg_EVENTPROC(SomeFunc, $WM_SIZE, $GUIREGISTERMSG_ADD, Null) to register

>> __GUIRegisterMsg_EVENTPROC(SomeFunc, $WM_SIZE, $GUIREGISTERMSG_DELETE, Null) to unregister

:)

btw.

thanks for clarification

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

But the downside is, when some events like mouse move is registered which will be triggered a lot, the extra codes in the message handler function will cause some performance lose.

True, though for Professor Joe Bloggs I would expect them to modify this or create their own for doing that. This is for your average AutoIt user.

UDF List:

some my proposals

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=B
; Initial idea by mLipok: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/162515-guiregistermsg-udf/
; Compared to mine mLipok's idea was limited to a certain set of WM_MESSAGES and would call all the registered functions.
; This UDF works as was suggested in the Trac Tickets: #2624 & #2629, where each WM_MESSAGE is associated with a function. It's basically
; allowing GUIRegisterMsg() to register multiple messages.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <StringConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <array.au3>

Global Const $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_GUID = 'E5D40BB9-0B3F-4515-8A75-225A9C3E9B43'
Global Const $GUIREGISTERMSGEX = 0
Global Enum _
        $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ADD = 1025, _
        $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_DELETE, _     ; 1025 = $WM_USER + 1
        $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_DISPLAY
Global Enum _
        $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_FIRSTCOL_INDEX, _
        $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGEINDEX, _
        $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_FIRSTROW_INDEX
Global Enum _
        $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_COLUMN_UBOUND, _
        $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ID, _
        $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_INDEX, _
        $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_RESETCOUNT, _
        $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ROW_UBOUND, _
        $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGESTRING, _
        $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MAX

#Region Example usage.
Example()

Func Example() ; By Melba23
    Local $hGUI = GUICreate('Test', 500, 500)
    Local $idButton_R1 = GUICtrlCreateButton('Reg 1', 10, 10, 80, 30)
    Local $idButton_U1 = GUICtrlCreateButton('UnReg 1', 100, 10, 80, 30)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel('ConsoleWrite ''1'' if mouse moved', 200, 20, 300, 20)
    Local $idButton_R2 = GUICtrlCreateButton('Reg 2', 10, 50, 80, 30)
    Local $idButton_U2 = GUICtrlCreateButton('UnReg 2', 100, 50, 80, 30)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel('ConsoleWrite ''2'' if mouse moved', 200, 60, 300, 20)
    Local $idButton_R3 = GUICtrlCreateButton('Reg 3', 10, 90, 80, 30)
    Local $idButton_U3 = GUICtrlCreateButton('UnReg 3', 100, 90, 80, 30)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel('ConsoleWrite ''Left'' if left button pressed', 200, 100, 300, 20)
    Local $idButton_R4 = GUICtrlCreateButton('Reg 4', 10, 130, 80, 30)
    Local $idButton_U4 = GUICtrlCreateButton('UnReg 4', 100, 130, 80, 30)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel('ConsoleWrite ''Right'' if right button pressed', 200, 140, 300, 20)
    Local $idButton_Display = GUICtrlCreateButton('Display', 10, 170, 80, 30)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop

Case $idButton_R1
                _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_MOUSEMOVE, _Move_1)
                ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)

Case $idButton_U1
                _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_MOUSEMOVE, _Move_1, True)
                ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)

Case $idButton_R2
                _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_MOUSEMOVE, _Move_2)
                ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)

Case $idButton_U2
                _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_MOUSEMOVE, _Move_2, True)
                ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)

Case $idButton_R3
                _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_LBUTTONDOWN, _Press_1)
                ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)

Case $idButton_U3
                _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_LBUTTONDOWN, _Press_1, True)
                ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)

Case $idButton_R4
                _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_RBUTTONDOWN, _Press_2)
                ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)

Case $idButton_U4
                _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_RBUTTONDOWN, _Press_2, True)
                ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)

Case $idButton_Display
                _GUIRegisterMsgEx_Display()
                ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)

EndSwitch
    WEnd
    GUIDelete($hGUI)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Func _Move_1($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam
    ConsoleWrite('1')
EndFunc   ;==>_Move_1

Func _Move_2($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    ConsoleWrite('2')
EndFunc   ;==>_Move_2

Func _Press_1($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    ConsoleWrite(' Left ')
EndFunc   ;==>_Press_1

Func _Press_2($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    ConsoleWrite(' Right ')
EndFunc   ;==>_Press_2

#cs
    _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_COMMAND, DummyFunction) ; Register DummyFunction() when WM_COMMAND is called.

_GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_COPYDATA, DummyFunction)
    _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_COPYDATA, DummyFunction) ; Duplicates won't be added to the GUIRegisterMsg().
    _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_COPYDATA, SomeFunc)

_GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_COPYDATA, DummyFunction, True) ; Unregister the WM_COPYDATA message to call DummyFunction()

_GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_SIZE, DummyFunction)
    _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_SIZE, SomeFunc)
    _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_SIZE, DummyFunction, True) ; Unregister the $WM_SIZE message to call DummyFunction()
    _GUIRegisterMsgEx($WM_SIZE, DummyFunction)

Func DummyFunction()
    EndFunc   ;==>DummyFunction

Func SomeFunc()
    EndFunc   ;==>SomeFunc
#ce
#EndRegion Example usage.

Func _GUIRegisterMsgEx($iWM_MESSAGE, $fuDelegate, $bIsUnRegister = False) ; Returns True or False.
    Return __GUIRegisterMsgEx_EVENTPROC($fuDelegate, $iWM_MESSAGE, ($bIsUnRegister ? $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_DELETE : $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ADD), Null)
EndFunc   ;==>_GUIRegisterMsgEx

Func _GUIRegisterMsgEx_Display()
    Return __GUIRegisterMsgEx_EVENTPROC(0, 0, 0, $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_DISPLAY)
EndFunc   ;==>_GUIRegisterMsgEx_Display

Func __GUIRegisterMsgEx_EVENTPROC($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) ; $hWnd = Func, $iMsg = Windows (WM) message, $wParam = Internal message.
    Local Static $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_FIRSTROW_INDEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MAX] ; Internal array for storing the WM_MESSAGE and the associated function to call.

If Not ($aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ID] = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_GUID) Then ; Initialise the internal array.

$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ID] = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_GUID

$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_INDEX] = 0

$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_RESETCOUNT] = 0

$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_COLUMN_UBOUND] = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MAX
        $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ROW_UBOUND] = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_FIRSTROW_INDEX

$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGESTRING] = '|'
    EndIf

If $lParam = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_DISPLAY Then
        _ArrayDisplay($aStorage, '$aStorage')
        Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
    EndIf

Local $iIndex = Int(StringRegExp($aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGESTRING] & '|' & Int($iMsg) & '*-1|', '\|' & Int($iMsg) & '\*(\-?\d+)\|', $STR_REGEXPARRAYGLOBALMATCH)[0])
    Switch $wParam
        Case $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ADD
            If $iIndex < 0 Then
                $iIndex = $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_INDEX]
                $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGEINDEX][$iIndex] = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGEINDEX
                $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGESTRING] &= Int($iMsg) & '*' & $iIndex & '|'
                $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_INDEX] += 1
                GUIRegisterMsg($iMsg, __GUIRegisterMsgEx_EVENTPROC) ; Register the message. Note: Once registered this function will always be associated with that message.
            EndIf

Local $bIsDelegateExists = False
            For $i = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_FIRSTROW_INDEX To $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGEINDEX][$iIndex] ; Row count.
                If $aStorage[$i][$iIndex] = $hWnd Then
                    $bIsDelegateExists = True
                    ExitLoop
                EndIf
            Next

If Not $bIsDelegateExists Then
                $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGEINDEX][$iIndex] += 1 ; Increase the count of the message column.

Local $bIsColAdd = ($iIndex + 1) >= $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_COLUMN_UBOUND], _ ; Re-size the internal array.
                        $bIsRowAdd = $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGEINDEX][$iIndex] >= $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ROW_UBOUND]

If $bIsColAdd Or $bIsRowAdd Then ; Re-size the internal storage if required.
                    If $bIsColAdd Then $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_COLUMN_UBOUND] = Ceiling($iIndex * 1.3)
                    If $bIsRowAdd Then $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ROW_UBOUND] = Ceiling($aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGEINDEX][$iIndex] * 1.3)
                    ReDim $aStorage[$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ROW_UBOUND]][$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_COLUMN_UBOUND]]
                EndIf
                $aStorage[$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGEINDEX][$iIndex]][$iIndex] = $hWnd
            EndIf
            Return Not $bIsDelegateExists

Case $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_DELETE
            Local $bIsDeleted = False
            If $iIndex >= 0 Then
                For $i = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_FIRSTROW_INDEX To $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGEINDEX][$iIndex] ; Row count.
                    If $aStorage[$i][$iIndex] = $hWnd Then
                        $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_RESETCOUNT] += 1
                        $aStorage[$i][$iIndex] = Null
                        $bIsDeleted = True
                    EndIf
                Next
                If $bIsDeleted And $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_RESETCOUNT] >= 0 Then ; Tidy the internal array by removing empty values.
                    Local $iCurrentIndex = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_FIRSTROW_INDEX
                    For $i = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_FIRSTCOL_INDEX To $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_INDEX] - 1 ; Column count.
                        For $j = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_FIRSTROW_INDEX To $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGEINDEX][$i]
                            If $aStorage[$j][$i] = Null Then
                                $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGEINDEX][$i] -= 1
                                ContinueLoop
                            EndIf
                            $aStorage[$iCurrentIndex][$i] = $aStorage[$j][$i]
                            $iCurrentIndex += 1
                        Next
                        $iCurrentIndex = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_FIRSTROW_INDEX
                    Next
                EndIf
            EndIf
            Return $bIsDeleted

Case Else ; WM_MESSAGE.
            If $iIndex >= 0 And $aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGEINDEX][$iIndex] >= $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_FIRSTROW_INDEX Then
                    If IsFunc($aStorage[$i][$iIndex]) Then
                        $aStorage[$i][$iIndex]($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) ; Execute the registered functions.
                    EndIf
                Next
            EndIf
    EndSwitch

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>__GUIRegisterMsgEx_EVENTPROC

EDIT:

I added:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=B
$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_DISPLAY
Local $idButton_Display = GUICtrlCreateButton('Display', 10, 170, 80, 30)
Case $idButton_Display
    _GUIRegisterMsgEx_Display()
    ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)
Func _GUIRegisterMsgEx_Display()
Return __GUIRegisterMsgEx_EVENTPROC(0, 0, 0, $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_DISPLAY)
EndFunc   ;==>_GUIRegisterMsgEx_Display
If $lParam = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_DISPLAY Then
  _ArrayDisplay($aStorage, '$aStorage')
  Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndIf

temporaly or forever, but only for testing, :)

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

You could have added $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_DISPLAY to the switch and passed the param as the $wParam. But I don't see any real need for this to be added for production usage, debugging maybe, but then I know my code is working.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

more for learning, eventualy for testing ;)

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Well I hope you learnt something today!

UDF List:

I propose to initialize in the same order like enumeration order:

If Not ($aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ID] = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_GUID) Then ; Initialise the internal array.

$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_COLUMN_UBOUND] = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MAX

$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ID] = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_GUID

$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_INDEX] = 0

$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_RESETCOUNT] = 0

$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_ROW_UBOUND] = $GUIREGISTERMSGEX_FIRSTROW_INDEX

$aStorage[$GUIREGISTERMSGEX][$GUIREGISTERMSGEX_MESSAGESTRING] = '|'

EndIf

because in this way it is easier to understand (more logical)

Signature beginning:

Spoiler