ssah8

Display loop count

38 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

So im creating a bot that logs in on a website. The website got a dropdown menu, and I have to choose the right one to login (Student)

#include <IE.au3>
#inculude <Inet.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("https://sms14.schoolsoft.se/engelska/jsp/Login.jsp?eventMessage=ERR_Not_Logged_In")

$Name = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "ssusername")
$Pass = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "sspassword")
$dropdown = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "usertype")

_IEPropertySet($Name, 'innerText', 'censored')
_IEPropertySet($Pass, 'innerText', 'censored')
_IEPropertySet($dropdown, 'innerText', 'Student') <------ How do I make the dropdown list select "Student"?

Website: https://sms14.schoolsoft.se/engelska/jsp/Login.jsp?eventMessage=ERR_Not_Logged_In

Edited by JLogan3o13

59 minutes ago, ssah8 said:

_IEPropertySet($Name, 'innerText', 'censored')

_IEPropertySet($Pass, 'innerText', 'censored')

Does this even work? Normally you would want to us _IEFormElementSetValue.

The website got a dropdown menu, and I have to choose the right one to login (Student)

Take a look at _IEFormElementOptionSelect.

It didn't work. Im new to AutoIT. Can you please write an example?

_IEFormElementOptionSelect($dropdown, 'innerText', 'Student')

That didn't work either.

1 hour ago, ssah8 said:

It didn't work. Im new to AutoIT. Can you please write an example?

"Didn't work" isn't sufficient feedback. Next time, post the results from the Scite output window.

1 hour ago, ssah8 said:

_IEFormElementOptionSelect($dropdown, 'innerText', 'Student')

That didn't work either.

Here's a working example using the proper _IE functions --

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("https://sms14.schoolsoft.se/engelska/jsp/Login.jsp?eventMessage=ERR_Not_Logged_In")

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, 'userForm')
$Name = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "ssusername")
$Pass = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "sspassword")
$dropdown = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "usertype")

_IEFormElementSetValue($name, 'censored')
_IEFormElementSetValue($Pass, 'censored')
_IEFormElementOptionSelect($dropdown, 'Student', 1, 'byText')
_IEFormSubmit($oForm)

And how do I make that a loop?

If you want further assistance, please provide a detailed explanation of how you would be using this code in a loop.

I want it all to be repeated over and over again. I have now copy and pasted everything like 100 times, it works, but not as efficient.

#10 ·  Posted

There are plenty of loop examples on the forum and in your help file.

I'm still not getting the big picture.  There shouldn't be any need to have to login hundreds of times.  Why not login once an pull all the data you need while in the single session?

#11 ·  Posted

Yeah... why do you need to continuously log into the same website multiple times?

#12 ·  Posted

1 hour ago, ssah8 said:

I want it all to be repeated over and over again. I have now copy and pasted everything like 100 times, it works, but not as efficient.

Please explain clearly why this is needed at all before asking any other question.

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#13 ·  Posted

10 hours ago, Jos said:

Please explain clearly why this is needed at all before asking any other question.

Jos

Well, on my profile page on the website,there is a login count. I want to boost that login count to a higher number. Anything more I have to explain?

#14 ·  Posted (edited)

Exactly which one website - do you mean AutoIt Forum ?

Edited by mLipok

NEW:     ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Last update: 2016-11-12
Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft Components * TeamViewer API -UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAPPOP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * WinSCP UDF *

My contribution to others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities *

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

#15 ·  Posted

@mLipok He wants to boost his login count on his school's website.   Is that accurate @ssah8 ?  

You wouldn't by chance be required to login so many times a week/period and/or get perks the higher your login count is...do you?  Artificially raising the login count still doesn't seem right to me.  There's got to be a reward for you doing so, otherwise you'd use some other web server.

#16 ·  Posted

28 minutes ago, spudw2k said:

@mLipok He wants to boost his login count on his school's website.   Is that accurate @ssah8 ?  

You wouldn't by chance be required to login so many times a week/period and/or get perks the higher your login count is...do you?  Artificially raising the login count still doesn't seem right to me.  There's got to be a reward for you doing so, otherwise you'd use some other web server.

It's just a fun thing to do, and why do you care? I get to do whatever I want to, I just needed help with that.

#18 ·  Posted

Pop this in before the function, adjust the sleep time to whatever exceeds your needs. Example, you know the cycle duration to log in and bump the counter is 3 minutes. adjust the timer to three minute value

While 1
   Sleep (50)

WEnd
Per help details.... Amount of time to pause (in milliseconds).

#19 ·  Posted

10 hours ago, ssah8 said:

Well, on my profile page on the website,there is a login count. I want to boost that login count to a higher number. Anything more I have to explain?

.. and why is that important? Doesn't sound as a very "smart" thing to do as it is likely logged. 

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#20 ·  Posted

Hello.

I was wondering how I could make a status info box in autoit. I can explain it in a sentence.

Let's say there is a number on a website (1). After some minutes, that number updates to another number (5). How do an status box that updates that number aswell in autoit? I am thinking of a GUI.

Thanks