Danyfirex

Loga - A logging Library

Hello guys.  It's been awhile since I shared something. So today I want to share my last project.

What's Loga?

Loga is a simple logging library to keep track of code with an integrated console.

Features.

• Common log levels.
  • Integrated console.
  • Multiple instances.
  • Custom color and font for each instance log level.
  • Define output format with macros.
  • Conditional and occasional Logging.
  • Easy to use.

Basic Usage:

#include "..\Loga.au3"

;This are some of the default settings:
;Default log level $LOGA_LEVEL_TRACE
;output format: {Symbol}{LogIndex} {LevelName} {LongDateTime} {Message}
;Log to File is enabled.
;Log file name format: YYYYMMDDHHMM-Loga-InstanceIndex.log
;Custom Console is disabled by default.
;By default log to STDOUT.

_LogaTrace("I'm Trace")
_LogaDebug("I'm Debug")
_LogaInfo("I'm Info")
_LogaWarn("I'm Warn")
_LogaError("I'm Error")
_LogaFatal("I'm Fatal")

More examples here.

Check Loga on GitHub.

Loga Latest Release v1.0.2.

Saludos

Edited by Danyfirex
Update

Few feature request:

_LogaTrace("I'm Trace")
_LogaDebug("I'm Debug")
_LogaInfo("I'm Info")
SetError(10,20)
_LogaWarn("I'm Warn")
_LogaError("I'm Error")
_LogaFatal("I'm Fatal")

function should log @error and @extended 

_LogaTrace("I'm Trace")
_LogaDebug("I'm Debug")
_LogaInfo("I'm Info")
SetError(10,20)
_LogaWarn("I'm Warn")
If @error Then MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, 'TEST', '@error = ' & @error & @CRLF & '@extended = ' & @extended)
_LogaError("I'm Error")
_LogaFatal("I'm Fatal")

Function should be transparent for @error and @extended

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskScheduler

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2018-10-31

If last function return @error or @extended 

_LastFunction() ; SetError(10,20)
_LogaWarn("I'm Warn")
If @error Then MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, 'TEST', '@error = ' & @error & @CRLF & '@extended = ' & @extended)

Then _Loga* function should store this values report them to log and restore on exit.

ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskScheduler

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

btw I really like your "09 - Custom GUI Console Color And Font .au3"

I must look closer to your solution and check it how you create this colors on this output.
I have similar solution in my "FRAMEWORK" for all of my projects, but I've never started to implement coloring - which was always on my TODO list.

image.png.45a0bce61cb596bf45cd764a1f0054f1.png

image.png.1bacb1b4f7c2ce6dad8c89c6d00097a6.png

EDIT: and I must to check how you use different font size - very interesting solution

Edited by mLipok

Spoiler

and one remarks

Please try to not use Local keyword in global scope - in your examples .. as this is not good practices, and fires many Warrnings by Au3Check in console.

"C:\Users\Szef\Downloads\Loga-1.0.0\Loga-1.0.0\Examples\09 - Custom GUI Console Color And Font.au3"(4,7) : warning: 'Local' specifier in global scope.
Local $sSettings1
~~~~~~^
"C:\Users\Szef\Downloads\Loga-1.0.0\Loga-1.0.0\Examples\09 - Custom GUI Console Color And Font.au3"(8,7) : warning: 'Local' specifier in global scope.
Local $hLoga1
~~~~~~^
"C:\Users\Szef\Downloads\Loga-1.0.0\Loga-1.0.0\Examples\09 - Custom GUI Console Color And Font.au3"(17,7) : warning: 'Local' specifier in global scope.
Local $sSettings2
~~~~~~^
"C:\Users\Szef\Downloads\Loga-1.0.0\Loga-1.0.0\Examples\09 - Custom GUI Console Color And Font.au3"(22,7) : warning: 'Local' specifier in global scope.
Local $hLoga2
~~~~~~^
C:\Users\Szef\Downloads\Loga-1.0.0\Loga-1.0.0\Examples\09 - Custom GUI Console Color And Font.au3 - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)
->15:40:29 AU3Check ended. Press F4 to jump to next error.rc:1

Spoiler

On 26.09.2018 at 3:34 PM, Danyfirex said:

Understood. It will be added as soon as possible.

take a look here:

Edited by mLipok

Spoiler

Using:

#include "..\Loga.au3"
SetError(1,2)
_LogaTrace("I'm Trace")
_LogaDebug("I'm Debug")
_LogaInfo("I'm Info")
_LogaWarn("I'm Warn")
_LogaError("I'm Error")
_LogaFatal("I'm Fatal")

I get MsgBox but  in console I get:

>0000000001 [Trace] 28\09\2018 13:37:18 I'm Trace
>0000000002 [Debug] 28\09\2018 13:37:18 I'm Debug
+0000000003 [Info]  28\09\2018 13:37:18 I'm Info
-0000000004 [Warn]  28\09\2018 13:37:18 I'm Warn
!0000000005 [Error] 28\09\2018 13:37:18 I'm Error
!0000000006 [Fatal] 28\09\2018 13:37:18 I'm Fatal

Do you plan to implement reporting to log about @error and @extended ?

Spoiler

Spoiler

@Danyfirex

Keep it up.

Appreciate your effort and share :)

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

Thoughts:

• I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
    I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
    By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ: