Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
InunoTaishou

Mimicking Wordpad using RichEdit

1 post in this topic

pkzm2gx.png

As the title implies, trying to mimic Microsoft Word (Older version) using RichEdit. Not an easy task, it's not even 1/10th of what word really is but I wanted to make a small text editor (That supported changing an individual word/letters properties). Some of the functions I wanted to use didn't have a whole lot of information/topics about them so I spent many many hours trying to figure out how to do some things... (Like getting the text from a ExComboBox or changing the color of the rich edit text without changing ALL of the rich edit text (Turns out I just needed to update my AutoIt version....))

Some of the things I struggled with was reading the Font Size from the ComboBoxEx (GUICtrlRead and ControlGetText do not work, by themselves, but if you use _GUICtrlComboBoxEx_GetEditControl to get the GUICtrlID of the ComboBoxEx you can use ControlGetText), trying to track a Popup menu for the font size (I didn't want to use a dropdown menu, trying to use the scroll wheel to increment/decrement the text in the ComboBoxEx, making sure the correct attribute buttons are Checked depending on the location of the caret (This isn't 100% perfect, I got it to pretty much work though... I originally had it checking the letter 1 left of the caret all the time, except when the caret is at the 0,0 mark, but if the caret is at the very end and the user presses one of the attribute buttons, it won't keep the button checked correctly). There are a few other things but I can't think of them. I don't know enough about the WinAPI in order to make a truly amazing wordpad but maybe this will help some others out there trying to use some of the controls I used.

Also, this was actually made to be attached (_WinAPI_SetParent($frmEditor, WinGetHandle("[Class:LWJGL]")) to a game I play (PokeMMO), so there may be some remnants of the game stuff in here. I don't think so, but there might be... It still functions properly.

(There is no gameplay automation, it's just supposed to be a child of the game and work as a simple text editor. I've currently submitted it to one of mods of the game so I can release it to the community)

Beginnings of a Wordpad.rar

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• kstriyhon
      By kstriyhon
      hello Comunity i am new to autoit and i bump into a pitfall regarding the creation of objects in a dinamyc way but more especific  creating combobox at runtime
      i need many comboboxes and sofar i createdthem manually 
      like this 
      $idCombo_1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 40, 130, 21)     $idCombo_2 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 70, 130, 21)     $idCombo_3 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 100, 130, 21)     $idCombo_4 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 130, 130, 21)     $idCombo_5 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 160, 130, 21)     $idCombo_6 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 190, 130, 21)     $idCombo_7 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 220, 130, 21)     $idCombo_8 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 250, 130, 21)     $idCombo_9 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 500, 280, 130, 21)     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_1, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_2, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_3, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_4, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_5, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_6, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_7, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_8, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5")     GUICtrlSetData($idCombo_9, "Item1|Item2|Item3|Item4|Item5") now i need this example but create them at runtime as there are more than 9 combos what i need thanks in advance kind regards
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening guys
      I am working on a little project, in which I have to retrieve 8000+ rows of data from a table, from a SQLite database, to populate a combobox 
      This is what I tried 'til now, but it still takes about 12 seconds to populate the combobox.
      _SQLite_Exec($objDatabase, "BEGIN TRANSACTION;") If _SQLite_GetTable($objDatabase, "SELECT DISTINCT Comune FROM LISTA_COMUNI;", $arrRisultatoQuery, $intRighe, $intColonne) = $SQLITE_OK Then For $i = 2 To UBound($arrRisultatoQuery) - 1 If $i < UBound($arrRisultatoQuery) - 1 Then GUICtrlSetData($cbo_ComuneNascita, $arrRisultatoQuery[$i] & "|") Else GUICtrlSetData($cbo_ComuneNascita, $arrRisultatoQuery[$i]) EndIf Next _SQLite_Exec($objDatabase, "COMMIT;") Are there any other solution to retrieve 8000+ records from a SQLite database?
      Thank you very much  
    • StMaSi
      By StMaSi
      Two questions...
      When presenting a form containing a richedit control, is there any way to make the displayed text, within said richedit control, non-selectable?
      In addition, is there any way to hide the vertical line cursor, within said richedit control?
      Thanx.
    • TheSaint
      By TheSaint
      I've finally come up with some simple solutions for dragging & dropping a URL onto a control.
      There have been many requests here for this over the years.
      I do have an issue though, with my second code example solution as is mentioned here.
      The issue relates to working in Win 7 (and no doubt newer Windows).
      As I state there, failure is no doubt due to 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' missing from the System32 folder, at the very least.
      Not sure if it would be wise to just dump 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' from WinXP into the Win 7 System32 folder. I expect not.
      I imagine there is a better solution available in Win 7. Maybe a different OCX file, and perhaps a different Class of object etc.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Code is here (second example).
      EDIT
      Okay, I have rediscovered that 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' is a VB6 ActiveX control. So while I could dig up a copy and register it, that would probably not be helpful to everyone.
      And registering it didn't help. Possibly other dependencies are also needed?
      When running the script, it is clear going by the error reported, that Object is not being created.
    • satanico64
      By satanico64
      Hi huys !
       how are you ? family ? dog, cat ? well..

I've got a problem: _GUICtrlComboBox_GetCueBanner
      i can't get it to work.
      Simple: even the example from help does'nt work...

I insist, it's excactly the example from the help, no modifications
      #include <GuiComboBox.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Global $g_idMemo Example() Func Example() Local $idCombo ; Create GUI GUICreate("ComboBox Get Count", 400, 296) $idCombo = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 2, 2, 396, 296) _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCueBanner($idCombo, "Select an Item") $g_idMemo = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 10, 50, 376, 234, $WS_VSCROLL) GUICtrlSetFont($g_idMemo, 9, 400, 0, "Courier New") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Add files _GUICtrlComboBox_BeginUpdate($idCombo) _GUICtrlComboBox_AddDir($idCombo, @WindowsDir & "\*.exe") _GUICtrlComboBox_EndUpdate($idCombo) MemoWrite("Cue Banner: " & _GUICtrlComboBox_GetCueBanner($idCombo)) ; Loop until the user exits. Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example ; Write a line to the memo control Func MemoWrite($sMessage) GUICtrlSetData($g_idMemo, $sMessage & @CRLF, 1) EndFunc ;==>MemoWrite I also added the display of the cuebanner in the loop.
      It never display what actually appears in the combo
      If you can show me any king of working example.
      Thanks Guys !
      Nicolas.
      Actually autoit v3.3.14.2