water

Fixed versions of _Excel_RangeFind, _Excel_BookOpen and _Word_DocSaveAs

6 posts in this topic

Hello water!

Thank you for the fix! (now that I finished _Excel_RangeRead everything I needed :D ,just pointing out Murphy, I'm really glad that I can make my code more efficient now)

I just want to ask, do I need to update my autoit for this? (3.3.14.1 right now) I'm just not sure how updateing is goin on around here, what should I do? :)

Thank you again! This part was a painfull little error for everyone who worked on excel I think :)

If you are now running a version > 3.3.12.0 then there is no need to update.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#4 ·  Posted

NB:
The above fixes for _Excel_RangeFind, _Excel_BookOpen and _Word_DocSaveAs have been added to the code repository and hence will be part of the next beta version 3.3.15.1.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#5 ·  Posted

Is there any way for us ?

#6 ·  Posted

What exactly do you mean?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• l3ill
      By l3ill
      Cheers,
      Hit a snag automating some excel stuff and I think this parameter could be what I need. Unfortunately cant find any examples/instructions on how to use it.
      A shove in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. 
      $iLookIn [optional] Specifies where to search. Can be any of the XLFindLookIn enumeration (default = $xlValues) Bill
    • l3ill
      By l3ill
      Hi,
      anybody know what this is about?
      I have tried on three different PC's all give me the same error whether my own code or the Help File Examples...
      All other excel func's work fine. ( haven't tested them all but most)
      >Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Users\XXXXX\Desktop\autoit-v3\install\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\XXXXX\Desktop\autoit-v3\install\Examples\Helpfile\_Excel_RangeFind[2].au3" --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop "C:\Users\XXXXX\Desktop\autoit-v3\install\Include\Excel.au3" (656) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch.Name.Name $aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch^ ERROR No script error to speak of just this Include error.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      Bill
    • hero88
      By hero88
      Hi
      I have an issue with _ExcelRangeFind, i have a it working on another PC but on my pc i just gives me this error
      "d:\AutoIt3\Include\Excel.au3" (656) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
      $aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch.Name.Name
      $aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch^ ERROR
      I have trimmed the script to the absolute minimum.
      What iy should do, I give it a number, It opens an excel file, and then it reads through coloumn A and then returns an array when it finds the number in Excel. The number is in coloumn A of the Excel sheet.
      The versions of autoit are the same on both machines.
      The Excel sheet opens correctly, but it crashes on the rangefind command. I have also tried this $NavisionIDFound = _Excel_RangeFind($Movielistsheet,$NavisionID,"A1:A10000",Default,$xlWhole,True), with the same result.
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <ComboConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiEdit.au3> #include <GuiButton.au3> #include <GuiComboBox.au3> #include <Excel.au3> ;Includes from source dir #include <_RecFileListToArray.au3> #include <_XMLDomWrapper.au3> $MovielistExcel = "h:\Movie list.xlsm" LoadDataFromMovieListSheet() Func LoadDataFromMovieListSheet() ConsoleWrite("Load Data From MovieList Sheet" & @LF) $NavisionID = 106266 ; Create application object $ExcelAppHandle = _Excel_Open(Default,Default,Default,Default,True) If @error Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Excel UDF: _Excel_BookOpen Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) $Movielistsheet = _Excel_BookOpen($ExcelAppHandle, $MovielistExcel, True, Default) ;~ Read the formulas of a cell range (all used cells in column A) $NavisionIDFound = _Excel_RangeFind($Movielistsheet,$NavisionID,$Movielistsheet.ActiveSheet.Usedrange.Columns("A:A"),Default,$xlWhole,True)