Lights_On

(line 3065) IE.au3 “[…] object has failed.”

Lights_On

Hi All,

Below is an example of my code that will reproduce an issue I am having, all be it an issue that sometimes occurs and sometimes does not.

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

Call ("Project")

Func Project()

Local $WaitTime         =   10000 ; Set the time between checks in miliseconds

While 1
    $hwnd               =   WinGetHandle("[active]")
    If Not @error Then ; Ensure 'WinGetHandle' worked.
        Local $WinClassName = _WinAPI_GetClassName($hwnd)

If $WinClassName = "IEFrame" Then ; If the curent window is an IE exploere instance then...
            Local $Object   =   _IEAttach($hwnd, "embedded")
            If not @error Then
                Local $url      =   _IEPropertyGet($Object, 'locationurl')
                If not @error Then
                    Local $Split    =   StringSplit($url, "/")

If $Split[0] > 2 Then ; This stops an error if the array did not have enought rows e.g no url to display form row 3.
                        If Not $Split[3] = "" Then ; Dont bother if no url e.g blank
                            msgbox(0, "URL is:", $Split)
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf   
    EndIf

Sleep($WaitTime)

WEnd

EndFunc

The issue is from IE.au3 and the error message is attached.  I am able to reproduce it is I run the scrip, load an instance of IE, then navigate to a different page such as google or something.

I have looked in the code for IE.au3 and it reference to a function “__IEControlGetObjFromHWND(ByRef $hWin)” however I am not using this function so am a little unsure why or how this error is being called or what I can do to stop it?

Any advice / help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Lights_On
Added image of error received.

water

Could you please try:

Local $Object   =   _IEAttach($hwnd, "hwnd")

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Lights_On

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

The error i get is now different and attached for you.

I only seem to get an error is I am typing in the address bar (Instance 2 when using window info tool) so perhaps i could add an if statement to not _IEAttach if focus is on instance 2 

NewError.JPG

mLipok

You was not told to us which AutoIt Version you are using .
I suppose 3.3.14.x

try 3.3.12.x

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2018-03-17

Lights_On

Hi,

Thank you mLipok - you are correct I had not - apologies.

I can confirm i have tried both compiled and not compiled test on both versions you note and I get the same results on both.

water

Works for me when run from SciTE with AutoIt 3.3.14.2 and 3.3.15.0.

Which version of IE do you run?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Lights_On

I'm using IE 11 (11.0.9600.18617)

The issue seems to only occur when I go to try and manually type in a url.  Also it does not happen always - only on occasions.

Lights_On

Hi,

Okay so with some further testing I can make it work without error when using:

_IEAttach($hwnd, "hwnd")

Instead of:

_IEAttach($hwnd, "embedded")

Only when compiled with v3.3.12.0

My issue is however that this change means I only get the URL from 1st tab in IE, before I would get URL from the tab in focus, which is what i seek?

Lights_On

Thank you to all that helped.

In the end I changed the way I did things and below is a small bit of code to explains (hopefully) what I did.  Of occurs it is an extract so wont run standing alone but does show what I did.  In short I just got the URL via different means.

If $WinClassName = "IEFrame" Then ; If the curent window is an IE exploere instance then...
            Local $VisableText      =   WinGetText($hwnd)
            Local $VisableTextSplit =   StringSplit($VisableText, @CRLF)
            Local $url              =   $VisableTextSplit[8]
            Local $Split            =   StringSplit($url, "/")
                If $Split[0] > 2 Then ; This stops an error if the array did not have what was needed e.g no url to display form row 3.
                    If Not $Split[3] = "" Then ; Dont bother if no url e.g blank
                        Msgbox(0, "URL", $Split[3])
                    EndIf
                EndIf