The if function does not see arrays or objects as being true , _ie.au3 variables are lost when navigating

Hello,

Issue #1: The "if" function does not see variables that contain _IE objects as being "true"

Issue #1.1: The "if" function does not see non-empty arrays as being "true"

We have the following code:

Global $oIE = _IEAttach("your website","url")

local $body1 = _IETagNameGetCollection($oie,'body',0)
local $body2[1]
$body2[0] = 'text'
local $body3 = True
local $body4 = 'text'
local $body5 = 2
if $body1 Then
    MsgBox(0,'','body1 is not empty')
EndIf
if $body2 Then
    MsgBox(0,'','body2 is not empty')
EndIf
if $body3 Then
    MsgBox(0,'','body3 is not empty')
EndIf
if $body4 Then
    MsgBox(0,'','body4 is not empty')
EndIf
if $body5 Then
    MsgBox(0,'','body5 is not empty')
EndIf

Issue: the code if $body1  or if $body2 does not return True , but the variables $body1 and $body2 contain information.

This is very confusing and generates a lot of wasted time debugging code that has no bugs.

Workaround: using the following code returns True

if $body1 <> '' Then

Issue #2: _IE.au3 - Variable contents are lost when navigating to any page

We have the folowing code:

local $body1 = _IETagNameGetCollection($oie,'body',0)
MsgBox(0,'',$body1.innerhtml)
_IENavigate($oie,'any page')
MsgBox(0,'',$body1.innerhtml)

This code attaches to a IE window, loads the <body> tag in a variable and navigates to a different page.

Issue: After navigating to a different page, the contents of the variable are no longer accessible or are lost. This issue has been around for a long time, it has not been fixed in the latest version.
This can be reproduced with any website.

It is a very severe issue since variable contents should only be changed by the user.

------ End of issues -----------------------------

If the AutoIt developers will not fix these issues since they said they're not related to Autoit or UDFs (?!), then could someone else please fix them ?

These are important issues that really affect the workflow of anyone not aware of them.

Edited by mexykanu

Which Trac tickets do you refer to?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Autoit Bugs that won't be fixed on the bug tracker, no reason given.

Reason was given:

This is not AutoIt or UDF bug.
This is not support forum.

even I give you a hint:

And you do right asking here.

Issue 1:

These functions have not been written in a way that you're using them.
They will never return TRUE or FALSE

They return a collection of objects, object, or zero.

If you want to do error checking, you should check the value of the @error macro

Issue 2:

When you navigate to another site then body element is reset.
If you want to store HTML try to do this in such a way:

local $oBody1 = _IETagNameGetCollection($oie,'body',0)
local $sHTML = $body1.innerhtml
MsgBox(0,'',$sHTML)
_IENavigate($oie,'any page')
MsgBox(0,'',$sHTML)

I hope now you understand why I close your Track tickets.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

OK, But what is an AutoIt bug then ?!

If something doesn't work as documented in the help file.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hello @guinness

Yes, you have right (I should pointed that) , so ....

@mexykanu look also here:   How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x 

btw.
@guinness what happend with your duplicated post ? 
I ask as I yesterday notice some other issue with IPS Forum, but still do not know if I notice it right, so I'm just curiouse.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

@mLipok, I see no issue.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

So I guess I have to clean glasses or change to a thicker glass ;)

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Doesn't this bug relate to the "if" function in AutoIt ?

Issue 1, 1.1: No. The If statement evaluates expressions. If you compare different data types then AutoIt does an internal conversion for some types. Check the help file (datatype Boolean)  to see how the conversion is being done.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

19 minutes ago, mLipok said:

<Answer>

Hello,

Issue 1. OK, Can you please add this information in the Help file, so that beginners may know the behavior before they waste time debugging ? It would be sufficient to add that "This function's result can be checked with IsObj".

Issue 1.1. What about: Issue #1.1: The "if" function does not see non-empty arrays as being "true" ? IsObj does not work here as well.

If the "if <expression> then" conditional sees Booleans, Strings, Numbers as being true or false, then why does it see Arrays as only being False, unless using the workaround  mentioned ? See code below

if $aArray <> '' Then

Issue 2. If i do this:

Then can you please tell me how i can continue to extract objects from this string ?

I want to keep an object in memory, change the page, and still be able to use all of the information contained in that object

If something doesn't work as documented in the help file.

Therefore issues 1 and 1.1 are bugs and i was right to insert a ticket ?

Thank you.

1 minute ago, mexykanu said:

Hello,

Issue 1. OK, Can you please add this information in the Help file, so that beginners may know the behavior before they waste time debugging ? It would be sufficient to add that "This function's result can be checked with IsObj".

HelpFile says:

Success:    an object variable containing the specified Tag collection, @extended = specified Tag count.
Failure:    sets the @error flag to non-zero.

IMHO it can be changed to 

Failure:    0 and sets the @error flag to non-zero.

5 minutes ago, mexykanu said:

Issue 1.1. What about: Issue #1.1: The "if" function does not see non-empty arrays as being "true" ? IsObj does not work here as well.

If the "if <expression> then" conditional sees Booleans, Strings, Numbers as being true or false, then why does it see Arrays as only being False, unless using the workaround  mentioned ? See code below

if $aArray <> '' Then

Sorry but I do not understand your point of view ... post a example or wait for other member answer

6 minutes ago, mexykanu said:

Issue 2. If i do this:

Then can you please tell me how i can continue to extract objects from this string ?

I want to keep an object in memory, change the page, and still be able to use all of the information contained in that object

You should to extract data before you navigate to new page.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Sorry but I do not understand your point of view ... post a example or wait for other member answer

local $array[1]
$array[0] = True
if $array OR IsObj($array) Then
    MsgBox(0,'','Array is Not Empty therefore it is True')
EndIf

The above conditional code does not evaluate as True, therefore the message is not displayed.

Edited by mexykanu

8 minutes ago, mexykanu said:

local $array[1]
$array
[0] = True
if IsArray($array) Then MsgBox(0, '', 'Array is Not Empty')

An array is an array is an array. So no need to check for an object. Use IsArray to check if a variable is an array.
Or why do you think Jon implemented this function?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

1 minute ago, water said:

An array is an array is an array. So no need to check for an object. Use IsArray to check if a variable is an array.
Or why do you think Jon implemented this function?

Thank you for your reply, but the issue is still not fixed.

The below code evaluates as True, although the array is empty. I am aware of the IsArray function, but it returns True even if the array is empty, which is the expected behavior of the IsArray function.

local $array[1]

if IsArray($array) Then
    MsgBox(0,'','Array is empty')
EndIf

I do not need the "If" function to tell me if the array is an array, i need for it to tell me if it is True, if it is not null, empty, contains zero, contains only whitespace or only empty values.
How can we check if an array is empty and return False if it is ?

1 minute ago, mexykanu said:

I do not need the "If" function to tell me if the array is an array, i need for it to tell me if it is True, if it is not null, empty, contains zero, contains only whitespace or only empty values.
How can we check if an array is empty and return False if it is ?

If you want to check the content of array you should check for array elements:

local $array[1]

if $array[0] Then
EndIf

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

If you want to check the CONTENT of an array then you have to write a function for it.
Imagine the following code:

Global $aArray[2] = [True, False]
$aArray[0] = True
$aArray[1] = False

How would you evaluate the CONTENT of this array? Is it True or False?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Just now, mLipok said:

If you want to check the content of array you should check for array elements:

local $array[1]

if $array[0] Then
EndIf

Of course i can do this, but that's not the point i'm trying to make.

I can build a function that checks an array with an undefined amount of elements, for the conditions i have specified above, but why should i have to ?

The "If" function is supposed to evaluate an expression as being True or False. It evaluates strings, booleans and numbers as being True or False.

Right now it is not able to evaluate arrays as being True or False. This means it has inconsistent behavior.

Nothing is specified in the Help file regarding this issue. Therefore workflow and development speed are affected as bugs are being generated unknowingly by the programmer which thinks that "if $array then" will work like other datatypes.

Could you please also tell me if arrays are covered in the Help File ? I could not find them.

2 minutes ago, water said:

If you want to check the CONTENT of an array then you have to write a function for it.
Imagine the following code:

Global $aArray[2] = [True, False]
$aArray[0] = True
$aArray[1] = False

How would you evaluate the CONTENT of this array? Is it True or False?

This array would be True as it contains at least one value which is not False, empty, null, zero, whitespace.

Arrays are covered in the help file but you should have a look at the wiki as well. There is a tutorial that describes arrays in depth.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki